Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friend Teleport Update!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Hello Other Wizards,

I have thought of an idea that may help, or at least be useful, to many wizards!

The friend teleport option, which allows you to teleport to your online friends, displays friends location within a world, and the choice between yes or no to confirm that you want to go there.

The idea that i'd like to see is that when it shows your friends location in a world, that it also shows which world your friend is in. This can be useful to lower leveled friends, as they can know which world their friend is so that they can better prepare themselves for a possible difficult situation with enemies from that world.

Example:

You are a level 30 wizard in MooShu, and your friend that is level 50 needs your help.

You teleport to them, and you're surprised with how hard the enemies are for you.

---

By knowing which world you are about to teleport to lets you prepare, rather then being "hit in the face" with something you aren't prepared for. Knowing the world allows you to setup your deck, and rearrange your gear.

Your friends have access to many worlds, you can never know which world they are in.

--

I suppose you can just ask them, but for the players with Menu Chat will find that more difficult.

Thanks for reading,
Liam Leaf

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
liammoonrune on May 17, 2017 wrote:
Hello Other Wizards,

I have thought of an idea that may help, or at least be useful, to many wizards!

The friend teleport option, which allows you to teleport to your online friends, displays friends location within a world, and the choice between yes or no to confirm that you want to go there.

The idea that i'd like to see is that when it shows your friends location in a world, that it also shows which world your friend is in. This can be useful to lower leveled friends, as they can know which world their friend is so that they can better prepare themselves for a possible difficult situation with enemies from that world.

Example:

You are a level 30 wizard in MooShu, and your friend that is level 50 needs your help.

You teleport to them, and you're surprised with how hard the enemies are for you.

---

By knowing which world you are about to teleport to lets you prepare, rather then being "hit in the face" with something you aren't prepared for. Knowing the world allows you to setup your deck, and rearrange your gear.

Your friends have access to many worlds, you can never know which world they are in.

--

I suppose you can just ask them, but for the players with Menu Chat will find that more difficult.

Thanks for reading,
Liam Leaf
Can't we anyway? Far as I know we can still do that. We just have to wait a minute for the world to down load on to our account. then try again

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
"Blaze LifeHammer is in Aggrobah"

Ghee that doesnt sound like something in wizardcity...... i'mma go port and say hi, even though i'm lvl 10 and he's 120... *ports* *dies* i wonder what went wrong.....

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
camahawk on May 21, 2017 wrote:
"Blaze LifeHammer is in Aggrobah"

Ghee that doesnt sound like something in wizardcity...... i'mma go port and say hi, even though i'm lvl 10 and he's 120... *ports* *dies* i wonder what went wrong.....
What, another low level wizard teleporting into their higher level friend's battle; and they die in the process!?!

These are those moments where you get to grab a bucket of popcorn and comfy chair and enjoy the show!
Plus, I'll pay an extra cookie to see this every time!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Tylerwildpants on May 21, 2017 wrote:
What, another low level wizard teleporting into their higher level friend's battle; and they die in the process!?!

These are those moments where you get to grab a bucket of popcorn and comfy chair and enjoy the show!
Plus, I'll pay an extra cookie to see this every time!
Not to mention that the lower level also draws in another enemy before he dies and that leaves the "Friend" in an even tougher battle. How is the higher level friend going to be able to heal lower level, himself AND not die in the process?

The mobs can be a tough battle and not really a good idea for a lower level to port into that battle. No matter how prepared you think you may be, chances are, you AREN'T.

I believe this is the very reason that Dungeons are now NO PORT.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
DragonLady1818 on May 22, 2017 wrote:
Not to mention that the lower level also draws in another enemy before he dies and that leaves the "Friend" in an even tougher battle. How is the higher level friend going to be able to heal lower level, himself AND not die in the process?

The mobs can be a tough battle and not really a good idea for a lower level to port into that battle. No matter how prepared you think you may be, chances are, you AREN'T.

I believe this is the very reason that Dungeons are now NO PORT.
As a max-level life, the only time someone's jumping into battle irks me is when I've already placed the prisms or used my kill card.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Even if someone was dumb enough to think that a low level wizard could help them, this really wouldn't have a purpose. If by the area name someone can't tell what world his/her friend is in, they probably don't have enough knowledge for the world name to help.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Please please please please please please people.

Do not port without asking first.
EVER.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
SparkleTude on May 23, 2017 wrote:
Please please please please please please people.

Do not port without asking first.
EVER.
Moo hah hah! I will pay all low level wizards one cookie to port without asking into any higher level battle. Just let me grab some popcorn and a delicious carbonated beverage first ;P

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Tylerwildpants on May 24, 2017 wrote:
Moo hah hah! I will pay all low level wizards one cookie to port without asking into any higher level battle. Just let me grab some popcorn and a delicious carbonated beverage first ;P
OK....this made me laugh.