Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help Save Wizard101!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2016
To whom it may concern,

Hello! My name is John. I'm 16 years old and I just want to come right off the bat and say that Wizard101 is an amazing, innovative, unique, creative game that has changed the way I live my life. I have been playing since the release of the game on my mom's old laptop which couldn't run the game at all. (But that didn't stop me on waiting 2 hours to download the game files after completing the tutorial). I'm absolutely in love with your game and it kills me inside to know that it's rapidly going downhill. I used to have friends who played it and now it's kinda just a ghost-town. (My friends list has like over 80 people on it and most were active but now I see maybe 1-2 on at a time). I'm not so much of an active player myself anymore, either. I don't find it worthwhile (as much as I love the game and what you guys do as a company) to keep paying for membership while repeating the same, old, dull stuff for about 6 years. I have a few ideas on how you can improve the game and I'm going to come out and speak for the community. I've gathered these ideas by listening to other people's opinions:

1. Improve Character Customization (Add new hairstyles! Eye Styles! Hair Physics? Barber shop where you can change your hairstyle? Mirror housing item that lets you change your look?)
2. This HAS to be one of the most important things: GRAPHICS/SPELL ANIMATIONS (After 6 years, people are getting tired of looking at the same dull graphics over and over and over not to mention the same spell animations). Change it up! (like how firecat, thunder snake, lighting bats and other spells have several different animations!
3. Balance PVP (A huge part of the player-base utilizes the PVP system. Listen to your loyal fans and dedicated players and fix it!)
4. Interact more with players/fans (The live-streams are a step in the right direction but we'd love to see more of what you guys are working with like sneak-peeks and little updates on what you guys are thinking about so you can get feedback!)
5. Find new ways to execute quests (We're getting tired of the old defeat-n-collect quests that we do over and over and over and over and over (and over) so, sit down, have a meeting and brainstorm!)
6. ADVERTISE! (This is the last step, after the game implements all these new features, the players will come FLOODING back and I can promise you that).

-A dedicated fan forever
(John)

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
good ideas;

#6 is Poignant; I saw an ad on Lifetime Network 6 years ago that piqued my curiosity, that is how I started playing.
They should do more advertising, Agreed.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Best way to keep this game alive in my opinion? KI does need more advertising because no one knows about this game! It will be ten years old soon and I think a lot of people would play it if they knew it existed. If you love this game like I do (and I REALLY DO) then tell your friends! Tell anyone you can about it. Word of mouth people!
If you are in school, tell your classmates, tell your teachers, tell your friends. If you are an older player, tell your friends and co workers or clients. Especially tell people who already like wizards, Harry Potter, LOTR, etc. People who enjoy fantasy and magic are the exact kind of people who will truly love this game, don't you agree?
KI has done a lot to change things in the newer worlds. They have been trying to eliminate the defeat and collect quests or shorten the length of time it takes to complete them. Thank you for that! Also implementing daily assignments and the rewards has helped immensely. Those who do not PVP can now collect arena tickets and those who do not have a lot of money for crowns can get them for free just by doing daily assignments! I think that is one of the best things KI has brought to the game!

I never want to see this game go away... EVER! I tell (Almost) everyone I meet about it... especially if they are already into magic.

Defender
May 23, 2009
I used to gift my younger cousins Prepaid Game Cards to W101 for their birthdays and holidays. It's a shame I don't see them at any stores anymore here in Canada. One of my fondest memories for this game was me rushing to the store to buy those cards whenever I received an allowance from my parents. I know I can buy gift certificates, but those game cards are something you can physically hold. They carry alot of nostalgia. I've contacted InComm before, though I only received general responses that seemed to dodge the situation. That is not good advertising in my opinion.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Advertising will definitely help attract new people to the game. My question is what makes you people think Wizard101 is going down hill? Any online game such as this one has it's slow and busy times through out the year depending on School, homework, vacations and and family outings. I too have many players on my friends list who don't play their wizards but it doesn't mean they left the game. Many people either don't have memberships to play, taking a break from the game or their wizards they were playing or too busy play much. I think the game is doing just fine.

Survivor
May 24, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on May 11, 2017 wrote:
Advertising will definitely help attract new people to the game. My question is what makes you people think Wizard101 is going down hill? Any online game such as this one has it's slow and busy times through out the year depending on School, homework, vacations and and family outings. I too have many players on my friends list who don't play their wizards but it doesn't mean they left the game. Many people either don't have memberships to play, taking a break from the game or their wizards they were playing or too busy play much. I think the game is doing just fine.
@Patrick Ravenbane

If you have been playing for as long as I have, you'll have experienced W101 in it's "golden age" when all the servers were booming and the first 2 server pages were full during the day. KI has laid off about half of their staff, new players don't really have any way to find the game, and old players are bored. That's why the game is going downhill. Don't panic, though, they can still save it, but it's up to them now!

Survivor
May 24, 2016
Thanks for the support so far guys! Let's get this post seen by KI!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SideSpawns on May 12, 2017 wrote:
@Patrick Ravenbane

If you have been playing for as long as I have, you'll have experienced W101 in it's "golden age" when all the servers were booming and the first 2 server pages were full during the day. KI has laid off about half of their staff, new players don't really have any way to find the game, and old players are bored. That's why the game is going downhill. Don't panic, though, they can still save it, but it's up to them now!
I started playing Wizard101 almost 7 years ago; been playing it about everyday for 3 years. Unfortunately I lost my first account. Lesson learn. It's true that Ki did lay off half their staff but that it's nothing to be alarmed about it. Businesses are known to do that to reorganize to keep the cost down for better costumers service. For KI, to add more games, game options and add more worlds. It costs money to run games. More longer the games are, more money it costs. I too noticed there is a slight slow down on Wizard101 but again all businesses have their slow downs at times. If KI lays off more employees, stop making worlds and continually advertise unusual promotions, then it's time worry.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SideSpawns on May 9, 2017 wrote:
To whom it may concern,

Hello! My name is John. I'm 16 years old and I just want to come right off the bat and say that Wizard101 is an amazing, innovative, unique, creative game that has changed the way I live my life. I have been playing since the release of the game on my mom's old laptop which couldn't run the game at all. (But that didn't stop me on waiting 2 hours to download the game files after completing the tutorial). I'm absolutely in love with your game and it kills me inside to know that it's rapidly going downhill. I used to have friends who played it and now it's kinda just a ghost-town. (My friends list has like over 80 people on it and most were active but now I see maybe 1-2 on at a time). I'm not so much of an active player myself anymore, either. I don't find it worthwhile (as much as I love the game and what you guys do as a company) to keep paying for membership while repeating the same, old, dull stuff for about 6 years. I have a few ideas on how you can improve the game and I'm going to come out and speak for the community. I've gathered these ideas by listening to other people's opinions:

1. Improve Character Customization (Add new hairstyles! Eye Styles! Hair Physics? Barber shop where you can change your hairstyle? Mirror housing item that lets you change your look?)
2. This HAS to be one of the most important things: GRAPHICS/SPELL ANIMATIONS (After 6 years, people are getting tired of looking at the same dull graphics over and over and over not to mention the same spell animations). Change it up! (like how firecat, thunder snake, lighting bats and other spells have several different animations!
3. Balance PVP (A huge part of the player-base utilizes the PVP system. Listen to your loyal fans and dedicated players and fix it!)
4. Interact more with players/fans (The live-streams are a step in the right direction but we'd love to see more of what you guys are working with like sneak-peeks and little updates on what you guys are thinking about so you can get feedback!)
5. Find new ways to execute quests (We're getting tired of the old defeat-n-collect quests that we do over and over and over and over and over (and over) so, sit down, have a meeting and brainstorm!)
6. ADVERTISE! (This is the last step, after the game implements all these new features, the players will come FLOODING back and I can promise you that).

-A dedicated fan forever
(John)
I agree with your ideas. I'd like to add few more

1. STOP the 10 year mute on players for violating the code of conduct. I feel it's way to extreme
2. CHANGE the text chat system so misspelled words can go through. A lot of people misspell words and some may not be good at spelling causing frustrations when words don't go through. Players like to talk to other players specially when they need to communicate in challenging battles for a successful win
3. FIX Wizard101 and Pirate101 so it can keep track of birth dates so those who started at age 9 can receive open chat on their 18th birthday.
4: LET players teleport in to all dungeons It's frustrating when wizards asked for help, It says "sorry, your friend is busy" One of the main purpose of the friends list is to help your friends and when needed.

Harsh muting, banning, teleporting restrictions to areas like dungeons and the chat system is complained about by many players and many of them left the game. This unhappiness spreads among friends and family. KI, please take other posts like this one in to consideration.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on May 11, 2017 wrote:
the "Golden Age" has been gone for a couple of years; the Loyal Players have very valid points on this thread.
It is Not the same as it used to be.

Many over the years have taken vacations, breaks, etc., but it didn't affect the player base.

Once upon a Time I could log on a Friday or Sat evening and get a pvp party at the house going;
Not Anymore. with 9 chars with full lists, and no one here? the Paying Players are leaving.

Survivor
May 24, 2016
SilverbackMonkey on May 12, 2017 wrote:
the "Golden Age" has been gone for a couple of years; the Loyal Players have very valid points on this thread.
It is Not the same as it used to be.

Many over the years have taken vacations, breaks, etc., but it didn't affect the player base.

Once upon a Time I could log on a Friday or Sat evening and get a pvp party at the house going;
Not Anymore. with 9 chars with full lists, and no one here? the Paying Players are leaving.
Omg I remember the PVP parties.... the nostalgia

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
TPG Miserie on May 11, 2017 wrote:
I used to gift my younger cousins Prepaid Game Cards to W101 for their birthdays and holidays. It's a shame I don't see them at any stores anymore here in Canada. One of my fondest memories for this game was me rushing to the store to buy those cards whenever I received an allowance from my parents. I know I can buy gift certificates, but those game cards are something you can physically hold. They carry alot of nostalgia. I've contacted InComm before, though I only received general responses that seemed to dodge the situation. That is not good advertising in my opinion.
Can't find them in the U.S. any more either.

Maybe people were stealing or spoofing or otherwise misusing them. There must be a reason they quit selling them in stores.

About the game, it's not old hat to me yet. But I'd love to see fewer collection quests or at least make the odds more like 50/50 or better, not 1 in 10 as it sometimes seems. It's nice when it's done on the first try, but I'd rather have to defeat 10 than kill 10 and still not know if I'm done yet.

50/50 still seems very fair. Any worse odds than that and it's frustrating.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2013
SideSpawns on May 9, 2017 wrote:
To whom it may concern,

-A dedicated fan forever
(John)
I agree with all of your points except for number 2. In my opinion, I think they should like "tune up" the graphic styles like they have with the newer spells, and instead of replacing animations, adding animations instead like how Thundersnake, Fire Elf, ect. has 3 or so different animations that could play.

Especially number 6. I don't understand why Kingsisle stopped advertising. A simple TV ad would do so much, ya know?

While I joined when Azteca was released, I have seen the playerbase seem to diminish some... I won't leave though.

I hope that Wizard101 never ends. I love this game so much.