Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Animus Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2011
Ok, so Monstrologist Burke says the higher monstrology rank you are, the more animus spells you can get! Now, I may only be rank 2, but there isn't an icon above Burke's head with cards, and as far as I can tell, Burke isn't in any other worlds. Can you actually get more animus spells

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Ronan Duskcoin on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
Ok, so Monstrologist Burke says the higher monstrology rank you are, the more animus spells you can get! Now, I may only be rank 2, but there isn't an icon above Burke's head with cards, and as far as I can tell, Burke isn't in any other worlds. Can you actually get more animus spells
not sure what level you need to be but the other spells are in:

Avalon - wyrm
Azteca - parrot
Polaris - polar bear

The extract undead spell you already own will work on undead creatures in ANY world.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I'm at level 15 right now ans still can't access any animus spells from the other locations of Burke. Does anyone know if there are level requirements for accessing the Burkes in Avalon, Azteca, and Polaris?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Burke is in the common areas of all three of the higher worlds mentioned, and will talk to anyone who can port there. There is no level limit to purchasing her animus collection spells, technically, so even a level 2 in Wizard City would theoretically be able to get one.

I say 'theoretically' because the spells are paid for with gold rather than training points. Each one costs $100,000 gold, which is pretty steep for low level wizards.

Personally, I think KI should move her 'Wyrm' animus collection to Dragonspyre, then introduce some other animus spell in Avalon, which is three worlds ahead. As it is, the extremely long wait for more animus options (from Wizard City all the way to Avalon) is sort of ridiculous.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 01, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:

Avalon - wyrm
Azteca - parrot
Polaris - polar bear

The extract undead spell you already own will work on undead creatures in ANY world.
Thanks Jasmine! Also, Corwin, you only get to other worlds through quests, and at level 15, your far from Avalon, Azteca, and Polaris. The best you can do is play through the main quests (no matter how annoying they are) and continue through the game.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Hi again. When I said I was level 15 I meant level 15 Monstrology - not wizard level - I am level 120. I see the Burkes in Avalon, Azteca and Polaris but they are not activated and I can't interact with them - so I can't buy the spells.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Corwin Dreamweaver on May 4, 2017 wrote:
Hi again. When I said I was level 15 I meant level 15 Monstrology - not wizard level - I am level 120. I see the Burkes in Avalon, Azteca and Polaris but they are not activated and I can't interact with them - so I can't buy the spells.
I bought all my spells way before level 15 monstrology so not really sure what is going on there, sorry.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2011
Jasmine3429 on May 4, 2017 wrote:
I bought all my spells way before level 15 monstrology so not really sure what is going on there, sorry.
Maybe it was a glitch? I know that they had a test realm and all, but, everyone makes mistakes! Even KI! Though, it still is highly unlikely... :\

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
question: what monstrology lev. do you have to be to get these spells?

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
the next king on May 11, 2017 wrote:
question: what monstrology lev. do you have to be to get these spells?
No monstrology requirement as far as I can tell. I bought them all except the polar bear one after getting my first rank. I would not be surprised if there is some level or world access related requirements though.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
where is the seller of Polar Bear animus at -- I have been all over Must be these old blind eyes -- I've found rest just want to complete the spells Thank You in advance

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Monstrologist Burke sells Polar Bear animus in Walruskburg. Just before you get to the bridge that goes to Forlorn Tayg, she's on the left side.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 23, 2015
i hope i can get all the Monsters my 2 schools i would use well 3 tbh and

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Corwin Dreamweaver on May 4, 2017 wrote:
you must first do the quest and get so much animus till a badge comes up says 'plenty of animus' then that will open Avalon Azteca - then you must get more animus to get polar bear animus not sure how much more - made the monster dome and got all the dragons of Avalon - it opened the polar bear animus so I could buy it -- hope this helps

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:

Avalon - wyrm
Azteca - parrot
Polaris - polar bear

You missed some:

Wysteria: Pigs
That one works on Wysteria's Pig students that you fight, and also all those Grizzleheim and Wintertusk boars.

Colossus Blvd: Gobblers
It wouldn't be surprising if they continue to add others.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 11, 2017 wrote:
You missed some:

That one works on Wysteria's Pig students that you fight, and also all those Grizzleheim and Wintertusk boars.

As of the time of that post, those three hadn't been added to the game yet.

And yep, totally expecting more extracts to come. I'm gonna have to scroll through like 12 pages just to reach my hit spells soon.

(Slight edit: It already takes 8 pages to get to my best hitting Spells!)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 11, 2017 wrote:
You missed some:

She didn't miss them. At the time Jasmine wrote her post in April 2017, the pig and gobbler animus spells were not available. They were added several months later, during the July 2017 update.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
We need many more animus spells. I propose we picket their office until they introduce these new spells in the next Test Realm update:

Extract Feline (Marleybone needs a larger Monstrology category, it's being wasted right now; also for the jaguars in Azteca, of course)

Extract Rodent (to cover the rats in Marleybone and the mice in Khryaslis, as well as Captain Hoskins, the stone key boss in Zafaria)

Extract Insect (for all of Morganthe's goons)

Extract Golem (so much wasted potential here! Even the constructs in Golem Tower need to be extracted!)

Extract Giant (for all sorts of trolls and cyclops and what not)

Extract Serpent (for the Ophidian archers in Aquila and the Quetzals in Azteca)

Also, they should have just made Extract Parrot into Extract Bird/Avian so we could extract the Aquilans. I know that would be OP to have Zeus as a house guest but hey, it's a dream!

Let's all boycott Wizard101 until they give us these new spells! (Just kidding, but listen to us, KI! More Monstrodome entries, please!!!! )

(I'm setting up a "hall of infamy" which has Monstrodomes for every world. I know it'll be expensive and time-consuming but I have a goal for my life.)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
CJ Snivy on Oct 14, 2017 wrote:
We need many more animus spells. I propose we picket their office until they introduce these new spells in the next Test Realm update:

Extract Feline (Marleybone needs a larger Monstrology category, it's being wasted right now; also for the jaguars in Azteca, of course)

Extract Rodent (to cover the rats in Marleybone and the mice in Khryaslis, as well as Captain Hoskins, the stone key boss in Zafaria)

Extract Insect (for all of Morganthe's goons)

Extract Golem (so much wasted potential here! Even the constructs in Golem Tower need to be extracted!)

Extract Giant (for all sorts of trolls and cyclops and what not)

Extract Serpent (for the Ophidian archers in Aquila and the Quetzals in Azteca)

Also, they should have just made Extract Parrot into Extract Bird/Avian so we could extract the Aquilans. I know that would be OP to have Zeus as a house guest but hey, it's a dream!

Let's all boycott Wizard101 until they give us these new spells! (Just kidding, but listen to us, KI! More Monstrodome entries, please!!!! )

(I'm setting up a "hall of infamy" which has Monstrodomes for every world. I know it'll be expensive and time-consuming but I have a goal for my life.)
I do not want to see any more extract spells until the tome discrepancies are addressed!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
I do not want to see any more extract spells until the tome discrepancies are addressed!
Yes, let's get the animus we have working correctly.

Steven Ghoststalker