Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is KI Going Bankrupt?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
Well recently with all the sales, Benefits and promotions is KI going down? You have to admit, there are more sales and stuff going around than ever. Remember the 80,000 for 60$? then after 2 or 3 days, 60k crowns for 60$ Whats going on?

Survivor
Feb 12, 2017
Or maybe their just being generous by providing these sales but I do see your point I guess.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
If they are being generous, Thank you KI, but KI is a company and usually company's don't have many sales.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
from what Ive seen, after the 80 for 60, it usually goes to the 60 for 60; it's a fairly regular pattern. Sometimes there's just a lot that hits all at once. I wouldnt worry about it until there's something to worry about

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Nope! All is well at KingsIsle. We're just trying out a few new sales, and we appreciate the support.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
If I'm remembering correctly, they offer a promo almost every week. Often times a $60 for 60,000 sale will be followed by a discounted membership promotion, or a membership/Crowns promo. It's not often that the two Crowns promotions run back-to-back, but having specials run in back-to-back weeks isn't uncommon.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
Well that is great news to hear
Love you KI,
Sincerely, Eric, A Wizard.

(Gimme More Spells Dworgyn!!)

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
Their 'sales' ended up costing me more money in the past few months than I've spent in the past few years.

I like the sales and I doubt they are having any problems. :)

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Of course not. W101 is one of the most successful games of all time and rightfully so.

KI offers promotions on a very regular basis, like most companies. Some of their promotions are more attractive to some customers than to other customers. I like to wait for a really attractive promotions. They come around a few times a year.

I am very, very pleased with some of the preposterously OP gear I got from packs last month.

KI is raising prices on crowns too much for my liking these days, but I feel like they have raised the bar and made the PvE experience richer and more fun for max level players like me.

The graphics, sound and dialogue have gone to another level. Even with the bugs.

I will not be quitting the game anytime soon.

I want to see what happens next.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
With the amount of money they pull in from memberships, I do imagine they make enough. They have been running for quite awhile with two games that require subscription, along with Crowns selling. I do also imagine they always have something in the works to be released at a certain time to bring in more players/subscriptions.