Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How good is the first generation Crimson Spectre?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
I have no idea how good it is because i'm trying to become a pet warlord just for the pet. So is it good? And im not talking about a hatched version i'm talking about a 1st generation version of it. Thank you

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
The Crimson Spectre is arguably the BEST starting pet (first gen) for derby. It starts with high stats, has only selfish talents on the red side of its pool, and has a handful of helpful abilities such as super hurry, supercharge, super-sap, and immunity. Definitely give it a go!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Lol, if Vanessa says go with it, then go with it :D

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
Vanessa Mythdust on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
The Crimson Spectre is arguably the BEST starting pet (first gen) for derby. It starts with high stats, has only selfish talents on the red side of its pool, and has a handful of helpful abilities such as super hurry, supercharge, super-sap, and immunity. Definitely give it a go!

~Vanessa Mythdust
I mean does it give good stats like does it have may cast spells and stuff like that

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Exliar on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
I mean does it give good stats like does it have may cast spells and stuff like that
No, what Vanessa meant by selfish talents is talents that improve the pet's stats (like Strength, Will, etc.). It has only these selfish talents, meaning it has nothing of use in combat at first gen.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
Exliar on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
You don't want may cast talents on a derby pet, you want selfish talents (upping your pet's stats). In other words, the Crimson Spectre is a GREAT derby pet, but an awful questing pet, lol.

~Vanessa Mythdust