Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who drops Wooden Keys the easiest?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Can someone tell me?
I want a Kirin mount and a wooden key door boss drops all of them.
I need some keys first though.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Balance princess on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
Can someone tell me?
By easiest do you mean easy battles or higher drop rates? The easiest place to farm for wooden skeleton keys would be the Pagoda of Harmony. There are three easy battles there; the third battle is the boss that has a chance of dropping them—Tsutsui. It appears that there are quite a few people who like farming wooden keys here. Unfortunately, for me, I did not receive a single wooden skeleton key here. I tried farming them here at least 20 times but did not receive anything. The place I did receive wooden skeleton keys was from the Rooftop, Marleybone. I got two wooden skeleton keys in five runs. There are two bosses here who have a chance of dropping them—Mister Utterson and Doctor Jackall.

I suggest you try your luck with Pagoda of Harmony first, as the Rooftop may be harder for low level players. You should not have a problem soloing the Rooftop if your exalted+, however.

Good luck.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Thanks for the info.
I just really started playing the game again, so I'm not exalted but I might still try the rooftop.
I need some wooden keys LOL.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Balance princess on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
Can someone tell me?
Pagonda of harmony is the easiest, Rooftop can be a bit of a pain to solo if you are not a high enough level, another is the Jade Oni in Mooshu which you can do as many times as you like in one instance (keep using the obilisk) but can be pretty slow if you cannot do 7,000 damage easily.

If you have them do some of the masters duels (housing items that drop sometimes) not too hard and can drop keys but only doable once per duel item. (they also can drop mounts)

Sadly there is NO highest drop rate boss, some people just have better luck than others with certain bosses.
(2 keys in a row from Jade Oni but no keys from Rooftop for 5 or 6 runs, often other way around or just none from anywhere for ages)
Personally i would go for the battles I can beat the fastest or I might see if i can find others to do the hard bosses with.

Good luck

Survivor
May 14, 2011
I get the majority of mine from Oakheart. There is a mini storyline/side quest to do in order to access him, but his health is super low compared to other bosses (Barking ham palace** cough cough **). And there aren't any "useless" fights before him like in Pagoda of Harmony. I've also found he likes to drop school pet damage jewels as well. Feel free to give that a shot.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I always farm the Jade Oni if I want a wooden key. Sometimes they drop quickly, sometimes not. Its a straightforward fight with just the boss and is easily resummonable.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I got a lot of keys from Jade Oni but I soloed it with a minion. It wasn't easy but I was surprised it was even possible.

If you are the only one hitting you will get better drops.