Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seasonal Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Why does it feel like the vast majority of the seasonal pets are so bad. Like the new snowhoppers have a pedigree of 39. They are just nasty terrible horrible no good pets that are quite frankly only there for looks.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
william12303 on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
Why does it feel like the vast majority of the seasonal pets are so bad. Like the new snowhoppers have a pedigree of 39. They are just nasty terrible horrible no good pets that are quite frankly only there for looks.
Lol, that's because they are only there for there looks. To enhance their qualities, as a pet breeder, you'll have to hatch and pass on good talents and traits to them. That's how it usually works.

Happy Holidays!

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
That's kind of the point. I don't mean to sell KI or the Crowns Shop short, but most of the things in there are there to look good or have a couple good talents to trick people into getting them. Look at any pet in the Purreau's Pack, and tell me if it has more than 3 good talents. They might be great for breeding, but 1st gen, most Crown pets are awful.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
The bunnies are sooo cute though. I wish we could just buy them and the bunny sleigh. They are both adorable. BUT just for looks I agree. No (decent) stats and no TC.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Star Edward on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
Lol, that's because they are only there for there looks. To enhance their qualities, as a pet breeder, you'll have to hatch and pass on good talents and traits to them. That's how it usually works.

Happy Holidays!

Speaking of hatching - I wonder if, since the bunnies are two to a pet, (you get two bunnies as one pet), they would hatch twins in other pets?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I doubt you are going to get any 1st gen pet and be able to use it as is, the majority have many selfish talents even if they have a few good ones sprinkled in there somewhere.

In order to have a useful pet you have to hatch it to get the talents you want in there and showing up.

Also note that pedigree is irrelevant, all it shows is the sum of commons, uncommons, ultra rares and epics on both sides of the talents. There are many unwanted epics, so having a high pedigree pet is no guarantee of anything.