Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Magic: Report known bugs/problems here

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
I thought this would be easier for KI to fix if all bugs found were in one thread so they can fix them more efficiently.

Please report all bugs and problems associated with housing magic here.

Known thus far from my extensive (and I do mean extensive) experimentation:

1) Walking into/going to your house with a magic start detector (starts upon loading/entering) will sometimes either load non of or only a hand full of effects that you have set it up to do. This is fixed by sometimes walking out and back in once or twice or opening up the placement menu. Either way, this should be fixed to where it always loads. Not sure why this is an issue.

2) Simply moving an item, magic item or actual housing item, that has been given a command (not picking it up, just moving) will sometimes mess with preset commands for itself and often times other presets. Usually from what I've seen is that the item will still be targeted, but when you click on it when telling the action what the target is, it will not blink and you have to click it again. The only solution to this is deductive reasoning to find out what fuse blew (best analogy I can come up with). This can be EXTREMELY tedious and time consuming when working on a complex design. Whatever is causing this hiccup should really be looked into and fixed. This really should ONLY be happening when you pick up an item and put it in your backpack: The presets for that item would then be erased (the bottom picture gone, bellow the housing command) and the commands left. This should be the only thing that happens in terms of commands getting erased/not being recognized. I would put this at probably the most important thing to be fixed at present.

3) The Snow Serpent spell animation is NOT a Snow Serpent, it is a Snow Snake (animates like the rank 1 storm spell). This is actually VERY important to me! lol. Please fix it so that it animates a Snow Serpent! The SOUND is correct - it makes the sound of a snow serpent being cast and swirling around the target (this is the important part for me!) so please do not change that, just the image/graphic.

Suggestion related to #3 for the (hopefully near) future: Can you guys just give us like... every animated spell in the game as TC that we can use rather than a small handful of low levels? This would include the different variations of a single spell, like Cyclops. I'm sure some wizards would like to have some sirens serenade them. Have an Efreet pop out of a jamp from one of any of the four schools it can at present or even one of each! Have a Wraith take an unsuspecting visitors soul and place it in some soul container. And maybe have the player go through some steps to get it back! The possibilities are limitless! If only we had all of these spells at our disposal!

Please do this KI! I am loving this update!

P.S. Highly ambitious and creative wizards like myself are limited in one thing: Gold. Please, please, PLEASE make these items a lot cheaper. They add up like crazy!

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Yes, I have noticed many of these points, too! Especially when moving objects, it messes with things a lot and can be pretty annoying.

Also, luckyguy93 you seem like a very creative and interesting person, and I'd love to see some of your work! I'm also a bit of an amateur castle magician and have loved the complex systems we've been able to create!

Defender
May 02, 2015
Cemirror on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I have noticed many of these points, too! Especially when moving objects, it messes with things a lot and can be pretty annoying.

Also, luckyguy93 you seem like a very creative and interesting person, and I'd love to see some of your work! I'm also a bit of an amateur castle magician and have loved the complex systems we've been able to create!
Dude, you have NO idea. I have put so much time into my main house. It is all a "drop" theme (waterworks, tartarus, and darkmoor) with tons of gear set up.

My dream? Have it win a contest and have it on house tours. I want to start a good luck/superstition trend with Amulet of Divine Influence hunters, or gear hunters in general - come to my house, receive "Hades Blessing," go run Tartarus.

The Hades Blessing... is... amazing...

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Hmmm, interesting! I've never heard of the Hades Blessing, though - what is that?

Also, we should definitely meet up in game sometime. I really want to see your house for inspiration fuel! Sounds really detailed and specific!

Defender
May 02, 2015
Cemirror on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
Hmmm, interesting! I've never heard of the Hades Blessing, though - what is that?

Also, we should definitely meet up in game sometime. I really want to see your house for inspiration fuel! Sounds really detailed and specific!
LOL Hades blessing is just what I call the housing magic event I have set up with a Hades Theme in my home.

Cowan Dragoneyes 120

I will try to just go afk in the pet pavilion in Pixie in front of the dance tent when I'm not up to anything if you wanna try and add me. Idk an easier way to meet XD