Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too much Time to level up your pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
Does anyone else here think it takes way to much time to level up a pet and then just to find out you get the one bad bonus your pet got from breeding?

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
Yes- very annoying. Try to get a good pet and if you get that other person's pet it's most likely to have most of the talents it has

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
BlasterPrime on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
Does anyone else here think it takes way to much time to level up a pet and then just to find out you get the one bad bonus your pet got from breeding?
It is for this reason why none of my pets are passed Epic..
To all the other players that have Mega and Ultra pets, I salute you!
I couldn't do it nor will I even bother to try..

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I have 1 Mega pet, my finest work, 1 or 2 Epics, around 5 Ancients, quite a few Adults, 1 or 2 Teens, and a LOT of Babies that I didn't bother training up. It is very tiresome to level up pets. I think we should be able to do something along the lines of just feed our pets snacks, without the hassle of the minigames, for 150% of the energy. So 1 snack with no minigame for a Baby pet would cost 3 energy, a Teen would be 6, so on and so forth. Just an idea.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Tips to know if your pet is a lemon
Go to your book and see how many talents it has. If it has 5 uncommon 4 common 1 ultra-rare something like that do NOT train your pet it means it has terrible talents. Commons are the worst of the worst and barely benefit you.

Also if its your first time breeding a pet, or second time, train it to teen and if it has a bad talent already, hatch again with a better person so that you don't get stuck with the bad talent

Also keep in mind you can go to websites like Legends of the spiral or wizard central to find hatching meetups or buy them.
HOW TO LEVEL UP YOUR PET

Sometimes there are 2x EXP weekends which give your pet 2x more exp than usual
Buy magma peas from crown shop if you have the crowns. It guarentees a mega pet snack when at elder and drops magma peas
Get prickly bear cactus. It has a little chance of mega pet snack (which makes it valuable i guess) and is FTP

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
The problem I see is that while you can get all the stats completed by the time the pet becomes an adult (most of the time), the desire to move beyond adult only for the experience does create a question of time. If the system allowed for the pet to gain an experience point in battle for the use of their spell once they reach adult status it would be worth the investment or something. This would not only encourage people to level their pet, but also to max out for the epic or ultra levels to see what other possible stats they might achieve.

Just my thoughts.