Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An idea to improve the reporting system gradually.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
As of recent complaints that I've seen, people are being 'falsely reported', and players are allowed to report others, providing a reason in which they can type.

However, there may be a solution to this, and it might decrease reporting in general.

When the user reports, instead of them providing a specific reason, there will be a list of options you can choose when you're reporting the person. That way, people will be more considerate and become more aware that they're false reporting.

As we all know, false reporting results in an account suspension. If players are aware of this, we'll see less false reports flying in and people will not be unfairly suspended.

Constructive criticism is welcome.
John, 110

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Wizard 101 is a safe, online environment with a mixed audience of children, teens, and adults. Thankfully, established policies and rules are clear on what is and isn't reportable offenses:
https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

Every story has three sides; what he said, what she said; and what actually happened. So, having a simple button driven menu of reportable offense choices can be a good idea; as long as everyone reporting and being accused are able to provide their own statement regarding all surrounding circumstances.

When a person gets reported, its easy enough to review text between players to qualify if what's being reported is an actionable offense or not. And while it may not be possible to eliminate false reporting entirely, when the person being reported is innocent, its appropriate to remind the person submitting the report what is and isn't reportable offense; and even have in place appropriate increasing penalties for habitual false reporting.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I like your idea. I have seen plenty of false reporting and fortunately I don't know anyone that has been affected by them. Your suggestion could cut down on it. It is a nuisance and annoying to be the victim of false claims. Thanks for putting the suggestion out

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
John BearShade on Sep 11, 2016 wrote:
As of recent complaints that I've seen, people are being 'falsely reported', and players are allowed to report others, providing a reason in which they can type.

However, there may be a solution to this, and it might decrease reporting in general.

When the user reports, instead of them providing a specific reason, there will be a list of options you can choose when you're reporting the person. That way, people will be more considerate and become more aware that they're false reporting.

As we all know, false reporting results in an account suspension. If players are aware of this, we'll see less false reports flying in and people will not be unfairly suspended.

Constructive criticism is welcome.
John, 110
What if something that is clearly a bannable offense isn't a report option?

I have an alternative. Maybe instead of just instantly being able to report, you could get a quest that could teach you the basics of the terms and conditions, and when or when not to report if you think something not covered in the terms and conditions should be a punishable offense. Players get a new fun questline and it teaches players how to responsibly report people.