Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Account Sharing Question

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Hi,
I have a question about account sharing. I've been told by other sources that Kingsisle catches people account sharing through IP addresses. I have my own computer, but I used to use a different laptop. Thats 2 IP addresses. There's also a family computer in my house that I used a lot last fall, and every once in awhile now. So that's 3 IP addresses in total.
Is there a possibly I could get in trouble for 'account sharing'? Because I'm not, I just use different computers.

Thanks

Angela Gem 110
Katie GoldFountain 110
Nicole StarSmith 110
Scarlet AshGem 52

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
No, you will be fine, it's still just you logging in. Doesn't matter what computer it is. It's no different than when you get a new computer and log in from it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3 computers in the same house are the same external IP as long as they are using the same internet connection. There's nothing against the rules about using different IP's anyways. You are free to play Wizard101 wherever you are. You can play it at friends, family, on vacation, wherever. The issue of multiple IP's showing account sharing would be obvious if it was sharing and not just you moving around to different computers. If you login to an account that is already logged in, it disconnects the other login. If you are sharing and User A is logged in from Location A and suddenly User B logs in from Location B that's 100 miles away, it's pretty obvious the account is being shared or is hacked. Use whatever computer and connection you have access to and don't share you account login with anyone and you won't have any worries.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I don't believe that wizard101 catches people through IP addresses. I've never heard of people getting banned for account sharing, the warning about losing your account forever is because someone could steal your account.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
Angela Gem on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
Hi,
I have a question about account sharing. I've been told by other sources that Kingsisle catches people account sharing through IP addresses. I have my own computer, but I used to use a different laptop. Thats 2 IP addresses. There's also a family computer in my house that I used a lot last fall, and every once in awhile now. So that's 3 IP addresses in total.
Is there a possibly I could get in trouble for 'account sharing'? Because I'm not, I just use different computers.

Thanks

Angela Gem 110
Katie GoldFountain 110
Nicole StarSmith 110
Scarlet AshGem 52
Nope! You'll be alright. It doesn't matter how many computers you have in your house, you can play Wizard101 on them as long as it's a different account!

Logging into the same account on multiple computers could get your account banned!