Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing in storm house is very difficult

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
First off, the fish are too far away. Then the rare occasion you nab one, a wave splashes and you can't see your lure. There are not a lot of places there you can stand to try and get one. Being able to fish from higher places there might make it easier to see, perhaps. Is there a way this can be fixed?
I haven't tried any of the other school houses yet, I hope it's easier.

Survivor
May 20, 2013
My sibling has a storm house, and while the waves do distract you from the visual aspect of a nibble being a bite, it shouldn't distract you from the sound aspect. And able fisherman is able to tell when the nibble is going to plop even before the plop itself happens! So keep on fishing and slowly, you'll get the hang of it too.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2015
I caught the Gullfish Grouper. Didn't take very long.

I threw out my lure and then wait patiently.

I'm hoping to also catch a Grape Jelly fish for my collection, and so my other fish won't be lonely anymore

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
It is tough to fish there but as Connor Ghost said it shouldn't be a problem when you listen for the sound cue. I did have that tough a time getting the Balestrom doodlefish there.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Where do you find the fish there? I have walked all over the storm house area and I haven't even seen my fish on my screen yet. I don't play with sound so it looks like I will have to. This storm doodlefish is my last fish to catch :)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Crafty Ones on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
Where do you find the fish there? I have walked all over the storm house area and I haven't even seen my fish on my screen yet. I don't play with sound so it looks like I will have to. This storm doodlefish is my last fish to catch :)
Both sides off the cliffs. Facing the entry to the house go all the way left or right and you can fish.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
seethe42 on Sep 1, 2016 wrote:
Both sides off the cliffs. Facing the entry to the house go all the way left or right and you can fish.
Thanks. I caught it yesterday, I didn't have issue with the fish being too far away as I kept using the charm spell. It's nice to have collected all the fish. But crafting the tanks. Oh joy!!!