Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Penalty Question

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Can someone explain to me how the team up penalty works?
I just teamed up through the kiosk for Loremaster. My computer had an issue, so despite running forward during the loading screen, I didn't make it in first round. The other 3 people on the team defeated first turn, which was annoying enough on its own. But when I came back out, it showed I had the penalty timer for teaming up again. Why?

Survivor
Jun 02, 2014
I guess people wont team up and then leave repeatedly. I guess 10 min seemed log enough so teams could properly form.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
It's because the new updates made it so no matter how you exit a dungeon, if you haven't been in the battle for at least 1 round they give you the penalty anyway. I find it quite unfair how they do this, especially when people leave the dungeon giving you no option but to leave to and then you have to wait just to try again.
I find this a massive problem in Darkmoor.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Hopeless Dreamer on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
It's because the new updates made it so no matter how you exit a dungeon, if you haven't been in the battle for at least 1 round they give you the penalty anyway. I find it quite unfair how they do this, especially when people leave the dungeon giving you no option but to leave to and then you have to wait just to try again.
I find this a massive problem in Darkmoor.
It sounds like the change will also be worse for Wizard City team up, since I have heard that sometimes higher levels will run into the battle first and defeat first turn in order to rack up battles for the team up badge. I agree that Darkmoor will be even more of a pain. Anyway, thanks for the info.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah, I can see issues already. Potential solutions anyone?