Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends online/offline notification

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
I'm a bit concerned about my privacy with this notification. Will there be an option for me to not allow the notifications of my activity for my friends? Some sort of toggle/confirmation, so that I can set it to not alert my friends that I got online? Alternately, could it be changed so that I could go hidden to friends from the character select screen? That way a notification would not be sent until I got on the character and chose to go unhidden from friends.

Please note: I do not consider going hidden to friends to be sufficient control over these alerts being sent. I must go on the character before I can go hidden to friends, at which point the notification has already been sent. Alternately, I would have to go hidden to friends before logging off on all my characters, just in case I don't want to be disturbed the next time I get on. That second option, is to me too much of a hassle. It would require me to make a minimum of 4 clicks/keyboard shortcuts on 6 characters before logging off. Since I get on each of my characters frequently (often daily), this would consume quite a bit of time. I suppose a 3rd option would be for me to stay hidden to friends all the time on all my characters. But, that seems to be an extreme reaction, especially since a lot of the time I do socialize with my friends (real life and others) in game.

I can see why this feature would be useful, I just would like more control over what it tells other people about me in order for me to feel more comfortable with it. As it works now, I only have control over whether I see this information about other people.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
You like or love your friends and family, but sometimes when you log on, you have a clear solo task you want to accomplish first without interruption (i.e. garden, train pets, fish, house maintenance, or some other task). So, when I know I'm going to do any of these tasks the next time I log on, I place that wizard in hidden mode before logging off;a and its a win-win for everyone.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Tylerwildpants on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
You like or love your friends and family, but sometimes when you log on, you have a clear solo task you want to accomplish first without interruption (i.e. garden, train pets, fish, house maintenance, or some other task). So, when I know I'm going to do any of these tasks the next time I log on, I place that wizard in hidden mode before logging off;a and its a win-win for everyone.
Please refer to my above, lengthy, middle paragraph for why I do not consider going into hidden mode before logging off a 'win' for me. And please understand that while it might work for you, I live in a different set of circumstances it does not work for me and I respond to you so that other readers and KI will not think your 'hidden mode before logging off' solution sufficiently addresses my problem with the notification (even if it might address yours or theirs).