Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Annoying PvP Strategy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
There's this PvP Strategy in which every person on a team just spams a lot of cards like:

- JuJu

- Infections

- Tons of shields

- Plaque

- And a ton of dispels

I don't know how we're gonna fix this but we need to, its really annoying nobody wins the match. And none of the teams win unless the other one flees. It may not look like a problem but it is.

(Sorry, Picture link removed as they aren't allowed per the rules ~Dworgyn)

As you can see here the team with the shields have ton nothing but spammed dispels and plaques. And they have NO hits so how is anyone supposed to win?

Neither of the teams have a fighting chance, its almost impossible because they all have so many of each card there's no way we'd be able to get anything off.

I know Kingsisle is smart so they'll find a way to fix it but the only thing I could think of was a PvP Timer for unranked matches. That way it could AT LEAST draw the match. But this strategy is just annoying and overall unfair for both teams because nobody can win.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
This isn't a bug, why is this in the Lab and not the PvP section?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I don't understand why PVP people have to always whine about things when someone has a better strategy than them. It's ridiculous. This also should be in the PVP section, not Bugs because while not fun for the losing team. It is a perfectly legitimate way to PVP. There is such a thing as Shatter that you can use before you hit. If they truly don't have a hit then, just wait them out. If you can't wait, that's too bad. Ugh!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2016
It's your problem that you can't handle that.
Every spell in Wizard101, have a counter spell!

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
1) Plague(s)*

2) I'm not much of a duelist when it comes to PvP, but if you don't like this team strategy so much, do 1v1.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
exp613 on Jul 29, 2016 wrote:
I don't understand why PVP people have to always whine about things when someone has a better strategy than them. It's ridiculous. This also should be in the PVP section, not Bugs because while not fun for the losing team. It is a perfectly legitimate way to PVP. There is such a thing as Shatter that you can use before you hit. If they truly don't have a hit then, just wait them out. If you can't wait, that's too bad. Ugh!
I don't understand why PvE players with little understanding of the issues at hand feel the need to interject in threads where they have no idea what they are talking about. How is shatter going to help against plague and dispel spam exactly? How is stalling out a match to the point of stalemate where nobody wins a "legitimate way to pvp"?

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
I agree. Spammers like these are what has kept me from getting my Commander robe. to fix pvp we either need the spells to increase by one pip, or make tournament classifications into ranked pvp, like being able to do Quick match or a Classic match in ranked PvP would give more variety thus making everything fair for those who pick their own pvp style.
~RainbowHeart