Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Celestia Spiral Key Quest error

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
So, immediately after I finished the main quest chain in Dragonspyre, Merle Ambrose said the Celestia Spiral Key had been recovered and they had gotten a distress call. So I went, and while I was in Celestia I got the storm professor asking me to go to him, and I so learned that this was the quest where you actually GET the spiral key and distress call. It seems like you should have to do this quest BEFORE you get to Celestia, but I don't know. I looked at other posts on the message boards, and that's what it seems like. Thanks for looking at this!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Technically, yes. The quests involving Halston are part of a "preview" of Celestia and are set before Merle Ambrose's quest that lets you into Celestia.

However, that questline took you to a hard dungeon in a clock tower in Marleybone, which strongly recommended having four players in order to complete it.

The quest was made in 2010 before Team Up was a feature (Team Up did not come around until March 2014), so it did not sit well with the community and KingsIsle made that whole questline optional.

You can see the note they made about the questline being made optional in the July 2010 update notes, which I've tried to link below.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Morgan NightShield on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Technically, yes. The quests involving Halston are part of a "preview" of Celestia and are set before Merle Ambrose's quest that lets you into Celestia.

However, that questline took you to a hard dungeon in a clock tower in Marleybone, which strongly recommended having four players in order to complete it.

The quest was made in 2010 before Team Up was a feature (Team Up did not come around until March 2014), so it did not sit well with the community and KingsIsle made that whole questline optional.

You can see the note they made about the questline being made optional in the July 2010 update notes, which I've tried to link below.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010
Thanks!