Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Grizzleheim vs. Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2015
Hi there, I am a lvl 25 life wizard and I just unlocked both grizzleheim and marleybone. In terms of leveling up, making coins, and earning spells, which one should I do first?

Also, I still have side quests in wizard city and krok... Do those need to be completed?

-Darby F.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Side quests do not need to be completed before progressing through the game, but they will fill up a lot of space in you're quest pages. so I suggest you do them anyway.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I suggest that you do not accept any Side Quest unless you really want to do it because it will fill up your pages as he said. To answer your question. Grizzleheim offers some XP, Gold etc., but I feel that Marleybone will offer more. However, Wintertusk does offer REALLY good XP etc., but you have to complete Grizzleheim first. I would say do whichever is more fun for you. Grizzleheim's "streets" each have a level requirement so at level 25 you will only be able to do the first 1 or 2 areas anyway. I do reccommend that you do them both eventually. I personally, just did Marleybone, Mooshu etc. and when I was finally able to go to Wintertusk (level wise) I just blasted through Grizzleheim. However, again, just do whichever one sounds more fun!

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Well, you're level 25. I'd suggest doing Wysteria first for some extra XP.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Experience for Grizzlegeim is notoriously poor. You do get gear drops that will earn substantial gold sold at the bazaar, but it won't help you level up much. I did all of Grizzleheim including Nidavellir and Ravenscar with my death wizard, and didn't even gain half a level. Granted I was level 48 at the time, but still. Basically, Grizzleheim sucks, you are only doing it so you can get to Wintertusk. Grit your teeth and slog through Grizzleheim, ignore all the side quests except the Zeke quest, and then when you get to Wintertusk do EVERY side quest, because Wintertusk quests are typically worth 20-30 times the experience Grizzleheim quests give.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2015
Id suggest going back to the previous worlds to finish those extra side quests. Not only will it help clear your quest journal, it will also give you extra xp to help prepare you for marleybone. However they arent required, you can simply ignore them if you choose.

Since you have to do the earlier areas of Grizzleheim in order to unlock Wintertusk in the future, I suggest doing what you can there.The xp isnt very much, but it will help you access the higher level areas later.

You can also do some of Wysteria if you like since your level allows it. I personally found Wysteria very fun, and the exp is fairly decent. (I almost gained a level and I was level 40 when I completed it so you will definitely gain a few levels there)

Another thing you can do is switch around. If you ever get bored in one world, switch over to another for a nice change of scenery. Goodluck in Marleybone!