Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What If Cyrus Drake was Evil Instead of Malistare?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2012
Malistare.Pure evil. At the begginning of the game, he even threatens you, and you literally just became a student. At Ravenwood you learn about him being the death professor. Then one day the death school just...left. Fortunatly, for death students, they still get to learn from..a...student who knows... I don't know...7 spells? 7 spells!!!!! And this guy, was Malistare's best students! Malistare...you got some really bad taste and teaching skills. You know I thought you would give this guy some more spells since he is one of the best students...no? Is that wrong? Well...nevermind. But then later you learn that the death school somehow got behin a water fall? and the tree too? You mean the tree is living behind the waterfall? In the dark? Well...it is the death tree. Then you learn that a guy in living down there. No food no water...no nutin'! Just a lamp, and spells...a dungeon...a girl...and a tower. Wait what...A GIRL!!! Then also mysteriously... they are locked inside with a door with the death simbol on it. No one decided, "Hey! Maybe something important is behind that door." But no, "Let's just leave it their, since their is a death symbol on it it can't be the death school!" But it is. You unlock it and the death school is there. Why doesn't the best student go learn than more than 7 spells! Okay on to the point, What if the myth school just...left. What if instead of Malistare, his brother...Cyrus Drake was the one who went evil? I will leave you there to talk about it. Have fun!

or ?

Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
There's just one big problem... Malistaire isn't evil at all Rather, he's just a man ruled by his emotions. He's, for whatever reason, unable to cope with Sylvia's death, so he decides to do whatever he can to get her back, and stop anyone in his way, including students. You're just a new student who he has no connection to, so why would he give you any different treatment? Now I won't deny that his actions left a lot of damage in their wake - his single mindedness is probably why he didn't get very far in teaching Malorn, and why Dworgyn was just... left there. I'm sure Dworgyn would have kept teaching Malorn if he knew what happened. Malistaire's story is just like the old adage "the road to heck is paved with good intentions." Bringing Sylvia back isn't necessarily an evil thing to want, he was just too blinded by grief to see what damage he was causing.

As for Cyrus being the bad guy instead... he's not really bad guy material. He's way too logical and calculating to go after any emotional fancy like that, and though he may not like the students too much, he must be very engaged in whatever research Ambrose is allowing him to do, and I'm sure he would never want to jeopardize that

But that's just my take on the lore xD

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
that's an awesome controversy! if Cyrus was evil instead, WOW! that'd be so weird!! I, personally, loved the mystery of the Death school, so i made my secondary DEATH! think about it...DARK FIRE! HEHEHEH!

--Julia Watersword, lvl. 26

Survivor
May 12, 2012
First of all, what do you think would have caused Cyrus Drake to be the one terrorizing the spiral? On Malistare's note would you think that Sylvia should be alive, or dead and Malistare learned to cope with his emotions? I think it would be cool if Sylvia was still alive and she could be a secret trainer or she could be a student.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
sha la on Jul 17, 2016 wrote:
First of all, what do you think would have caused Cyrus Drake to be the one terrorizing the spiral? On Malistare's note would you think that Sylvia should be alive, or dead and Malistare learned to cope with his emotions? I think it would be cool if Sylvia was still alive and she could be a secret trainer or she could be a student.
Jealousy of Sylvia's love for his brother and not him?