Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we get correct and well-communicated error messages back?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Some years ago the error messages were redone, I think it was when this "tooltip" thing was made, and are now really messed up. For instance, I just maxed gold and got no notification of this fact. I do see the "tooltip" on my screen and if I look on the error tab, I'm told that my pack is full. (Once I click out of "tooltip" incidentally, I have no idea how I can look at those important messages again. Just have to wait for the thing to randomly appear I guess.) No, my pack isn't full but my gold is maxed. I've lost countless items, reagents, pet food, gold, you name it, due to not getting properly notified if I have hit the max on something. Before the current system was put in place, I never had issues with knowing when I hit some limit. Why is this so hard now?

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I'd like to repeat my request for accurate and well-communicated error messages. Today, I got an error message that my pack was full. Except that it wasn't full, it had 12 spots left!

The tooltip also popped up at the same time, with pages and pages of messages and I'm not even sure what I was meant to be looking at there. After all these years, I still can't figure out how to use that thing, it seems to pop up at random, the messages in it always seem irrelevant to the current situation and then it disappears and I'm not aware of any way that I can look at it again.

What I didn't get was a message that my treasure cards were full. Not I'm wondering how many cards I lost before noticing this-- I wasn't informed that my cards were full. Can we get better error checking and messaging?