Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Rat needs an upgrade

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I have a T5 storm rat that cannot even solo an enemy it boosts on.

Its 325 health should be in consideration to be increased.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
That's the thing with small forms, they are incredibly more RNG than medium and large forms. In a fight between 2 small forms, you can often beat the other form even if they counter yours. Death Fairy can do this to Myth Rat (+125 Trap/Cat + Big Drain), Fire Elf can do this to Storm Elf (Mander or Snake into a Detonate), probably some other examples.

The health of forms is based off of a formula. Small forms have a base of 300 health, medium forms have a base of 400 health, and large forms have a base of 500 health. Then on top of that, forms gain a bonus to health according to their school. Storm and Fire offer +25 health, Myth and Death offer +50, Life and Balance give +75, and Ice offers +100. I don't see them changing Storm Rat's health unless they do the same to every other Storm form out there.

I do agree that Storm Rat needs a buff, not because of 1v1 small form RNG but because it is lackluster compared to many other small forms. I think it just needs to carry 2 pips into battle instead of 1. This would make T4 Storm Rat an amazing form since you can stun someone turn 1 while also dealing 200 damage. This would give Storm Rat an incredible turn 1 option. Dispel into another dispel would also be pretty nice.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Torpzun26 on Jul 12, 2022 wrote:
That's the thing with small forms, they are incredibly more RNG than medium and large forms. In a fight between 2 small forms, you can often beat the other form even if they counter yours. Death Fairy can do this to Myth Rat (+125 Trap/Cat + Big Drain), Fire Elf can do this to Storm Elf (Mander or Snake into a Detonate), probably some other examples.

The health of forms is based off of a formula. Small forms have a base of 300 health, medium forms have a base of 400 health, and large forms have a base of 500 health. Then on top of that, forms gain a bonus to health according to their school. Storm and Fire offer +25 health, Myth and Death offer +50, Life and Balance give +75, and Ice offers +100. I don't see them changing Storm Rat's health unless they do the same to every other Storm form out there.

I do agree that Storm Rat needs a buff, not because of 1v1 small form RNG but because it is lackluster compared to many other small forms. I think it just needs to carry 2 pips into battle instead of 1. This would make T4 Storm Rat an amazing form since you can stun someone turn 1 while also dealing 200 damage. This would give Storm Rat an incredible turn 1 option. Dispel into another dispel would also be pretty nice.
Any upgrade to storm rat will do. But it definitely needs an upgrade.

I should mention, after posting this, I had to test storm rat's mettle and I successfully soloed a 1v1 at a 3v3. I bravely fought and won vs a fire form. But it still needs an upgrade.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks, KI, for upgrading the storm rat!

Now, about the change of -50 weakness to -75 infection. Both those spells are weak.
My first thought on infection for storm rat is that I don't understand why storm rat has any need for infection. I guess the usefulness of the infection will be better evaluated when Hunt comes along.

Let's ask the Community,
Are there any further changes that storm rat should go through?

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
stemogstel on Aug 22, 2022 wrote:
Thanks, KI, for upgrading the storm rat!

Now, about the change of -50 weakness to -75 infection. Both those spells are weak.
My first thought on infection for storm rat is that I don't understand why storm rat has any need for infection. I guess the usefulness of the infection will be better evaluated when Hunt comes along.

Let's ask the Community,
Are there any further changes that storm rat should go through?
I like that Storm Rat received any buff, although I'm afraid of the double dispel glitch.
The infection is used in combination with other spells that do an after effect if there's a negative charm.
Perhaps it's less useful now as a type of balancing because of the 1 pip dispel.

I was surprised to see only Storm Rat receive a buff, when there's so many forms that need buffs even more. Storm forms are all already the strongest or at least decent.
There's forms like Death Cyclops, Death Draconian, Myth Draconian, Balance Fairy, Ice Fairy, which seem very underpowered compared to other options imo. I don't think these forms should be overpowered or receive a HUGE buff, just something small maybe.
If the developers think it's necessary of course. It's just strange because Storm Rat, yes it was the weakest Storm form, but for a form it was decent imo. It wasn't that underpowered to begin with, it can at least do 200 first turn, stun, dispel, 0 pip 100. I'm glad it received a buff because I enjoy it, however I hope some of the other forms that I listed/and or others could receive something minor.
Thank you for continuing to develop Beastmoon, I look forward to it. It's the reason why I buy membership and crowns just to buy the Scroll.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I apologize for the second post but I just thought of something important to say on this topic.
For Storm Rat, he has his 4 pip 200 AOE which he can only use in 2 turns (as a small form)
there's plenty of AOEs like that, where most forms are unable to use them because they take too long, such as Life Draconian's AOE, or all the Overtime AoEs for 5 pips like the Death ones, for Death fairy, Death cyclops etc.
It would be nice if in some way they could have a reason to be used more. Perhaps make them do less damage and less pips, or something similar? I don't know exactly.