Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team up problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
I am one of those people who sometimes likes a larger number for team up, say three players. If two players join, but one drops out, the counter continues despite there not being the requested three. Even worse, if you cancel the team up, but the other person doesn't drop out, then it won't let you ask for a new 3 player team up.

I find this very problematic.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
Fandango739 on May 28, 2022 wrote:
I am one of those people who sometimes likes a larger number for team up, say three players. If two players join, but one drops out, the counter continues despite there not being the requested three. Even worse, if you cancel the team up, but the other person doesn't drop out, then it won't let you ask for a new 3 player team up.

I find this very problematic.
Well, as a player who is teaming up from the Kiosk, I have to say that I almost never choose to team up as the second person with someone wanting 3 or 4 player teams -- unless it is for an end world dungeon that I know needs a full team, and then only if I know I have the time available for finishing said dungeon. I do like to help people finish a world when I can.

I don't know why it won't let you set up a new 3 player team up - that doesn't make sense - but why do you want 3? Do you think you get better drops with another wizard? Are you Farming, not Questing?

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Halloween Chick on Jun 2, 2022 wrote:
Well, as a player who is teaming up from the Kiosk, I have to say that I almost never choose to team up as the second person with someone wanting 3 or 4 player teams -- unless it is for an end world dungeon that I know needs a full team, and then only if I know I have the time available for finishing said dungeon. I do like to help people finish a world when I can.

I don't know why it won't let you set up a new 3 player team up - that doesn't make sense - but why do you want 3? Do you think you get better drops with another wizard? Are you Farming, not Questing?

I have used a 3 or 4 person team-up for a battle that I know is going to be hard for my character at her level. For example: Loremaster (which never has any shortage of people in the Team Up wanting to help you as I found out just this morning), the end battle to Ravenscar, and even some of the higher level bosses that have some really annoying cheats. It's helpful to do this, I've found, if you solo and you're not sure if you and another person can do the battle - because you don't know the level of the person who's going to be helping you in team-up. It's not always for end world battles.

Defender
May 27, 2013
To be exact, it was the seal team in Polaris and, yes, it was most certainly questing. I had tried to go it alone and was promptly, resoundingly defeated. My thinking was that if another player came in at my (then) level, we would still get squashed. Three players would have served to divide the enemy attacks and give more options for player attacks, thus making it easier to survive and win.

I just made sense.