Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Rusher - Adventure Pet Talent FIZZLES

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
The Gold Rusher Adventure Talent is available on all of the new pets introduced for new wizards created after the FTUE update. However, now that we receive a message when the talent fails, I've gotten really frustrated with the fact that Adventure Talents like Gold Rusher don't seem to work ANYWHERE.

I sent in a ticket to Support asking why a basic Adventure Talent like Gold Rusher FIZZLES in Wizard City. Of course, all Support could do was tell me to make a post here in Halston's Laboratory about it. So, I took my wizard to Krokotopia to try again, only to find that "That pet power fizzles in this world." Seriously? Why is it a world-locked talent? I need to wait for Marleybone?? Mooshu??? Why would I even keep trying and not just put that pet away in favor of another one? I don't even know how much extra Gold this talent is supposed to provide, because it has never been verified to work.

I spent quite a bit of time hatching for and training up pets to get various Adventure Talents, and had high hopes for using them as I am questing these new wizards of mine, but only the school Scout talents actually return rewards. Any talent that involves opening Wooden Chests does nothing -- and now it doesn't even open the chest. WHY would these Hunter and Finder talents fizzle in every world where I am questing? Why would Gold Rusher NOT work in Wizard City -- having them FIZZLE all the time only serves to make players avoid them like the plague.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Gold rusher used to work. I haven't used gold rusher regularly to know which patch broke it but one of them did. Just tested in Triton Avenue in Wizard City and Instanboa in Mirage. It fails. I know for a fact it used to work in Instanboa.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
By the way, I teleported to a friend in Marleybone and MooShu, and the power fizzles there as well.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2014
The Hunter and Finder pet talents also fizzle everywhere. I posted about that a couple of weeks ago and never got any response.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2017
In Wizard City, on Triton Avenue, near Sargent Skullsplitters Tower, "Adventure Pet Talent Fizziles."

Survivor
Sep 04, 2017
Gold rusher adventure pet talent fizzles in Vestriland.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
Myself and someone else in a social network community have noted this for our pets as well. Hunter talent is still fizzling in all worlds. I haven't had issues with the scout talent though, been getting extra reagents as the talent suggests. I believe this should be a query for either Spark or Professor Greyrose.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Halloween Chick on May 17, 2022 wrote:
The Gold Rusher Adventure Talent is available on all of the new pets introduced for new wizards created after the FTUE update. However, now that we receive a message when the talent fails, I've gotten really frustrated with the fact that Adventure Talents like Gold Rusher don't seem to work ANYWHERE.

I sent in a ticket to Support asking why a basic Adventure Talent like Gold Rusher FIZZLES in Wizard City. Of course, all Support could do was tell me to make a post here in Halston's Laboratory about it. So, I took my wizard to Krokotopia to try again, only to find that "That pet power fizzles in this world." Seriously? Why is it a world-locked talent? I need to wait for Marleybone?? Mooshu??? Why would I even keep trying and not just put that pet away in favor of another one? I don't even know how much extra Gold this talent is supposed to provide, because it has never been verified to work.

I spent quite a bit of time hatching for and training up pets to get various Adventure Talents, and had high hopes for using them as I am questing these new wizards of mine, but only the school Scout talents actually return rewards. Any talent that involves opening Wooden Chests does nothing -- and now it doesn't even open the chest. WHY would these Hunter and Finder talents fizzle in every world where I am questing? Why would Gold Rusher NOT work in Wizard City -- having them FIZZLE all the time only serves to make players avoid them like the plague.

Hey all! I see the issue, we are looking into what is going on! Hope you're all having a great day!

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
Thanks for sending me the link to your post. You are first person to ever reply to the few things I have concerns for or about. Being a member for a long time, I am concerned for the game and all the issues that seem to be scattered throughout different worlds. We shall see.