Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Infinite Housing Item Glitch!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2017
Okay, fairly standard practice by now: You go to your house, place an item down ( in my case the Archer Rack from the Sinbad gauntlet ), item gets removed from the list of items you can place at the bottom of the scree-- wait, why's it still there? I just put it down, what's going on?

I go to place it down again, putting 2 of them right next to each other, and that one Archer Rack is still there. WHAT!?

I try this with several other housing items I got from Sinbad: The Blue Vase, the Desert Forge, the Glass of Hours, to name a few. All are doing the same thing. HUH!?

So finally I get the idea to check my backpack. Even though I had just put that Archer Rack down, it was still in there, as if I'd somehow duplicated it. So I feed the original one to my pet to get it out of my bag, and everything goes back to normal. I make sure to pick up and feed the duplicated one to my pet for good measure.

I don't know how I did it, but I somehow triggered some kind of glitch that lets you duplicate housing items by simply placing them down. Thankfully I was able to find a way to get myself out of this glitchy state, but this one is a real head-scratcher to be sure. Not to mention if anyone actually figures out how to trigger it, mass duplication's of permanent mounts, Kroger pet jewels, endgame gear items, treasure cards, and various other high value items await, and that could ruin the game's entire economy, all thanks to things like jewel vaults, treasure card frames and mannequin's.

I don't know how, but somehow we gotta figure out how this happened and figure out a way to fix it, and fast!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Jessica U on May 12, 2022 wrote:
Okay, fairly standard practice by now: You go to your house, place an item down ( in my case the Archer Rack from the Sinbad gauntlet ), item gets removed from the list of items you can place at the bottom of the scree-- wait, why's it still there? I just put it down, what's going on?

I go to place it down again, putting 2 of them right next to each other, and that one Archer Rack is still there. WHAT!?

I try this with several other housing items I got from Sinbad: The Blue Vase, the Desert Forge, the Glass of Hours, to name a few. All are doing the same thing. HUH!?

So finally I get the idea to check my backpack. Even though I had just put that Archer Rack down, it was still in there, as if I'd somehow duplicated it. So I feed the original one to my pet to get it out of my bag, and everything goes back to normal. I make sure to pick up and feed the duplicated one to my pet for good measure.

I don't know how I did it, but I somehow triggered some kind of glitch that lets you duplicate housing items by simply placing them down. Thankfully I was able to find a way to get myself out of this glitchy state, but this one is a real head-scratcher to be sure. Not to mention if anyone actually figures out how to trigger it, mass duplication's of permanent mounts, Kroger pet jewels, endgame gear items, treasure cards, and various other high value items await, and that could ruin the game's entire economy, all thanks to things like jewel vaults, treasure card frames and mannequin's.

I don't know how, but somehow we gotta figure out how this happened and figure out a way to fix it, and fast!
Contact Kingsisle's Customer Support. I've heard nothing else about this sort of thing happening, so right now I think your problem is unique. Let them know what's happened there and see if you can find more info.

The email address is support@kingsisle.com.