Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No portal for decathalon in library

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2022
There is no portal for decathalon in Wizard City library nor is there a decathalon tome. Thus, event can't be joined.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
It's been moved to the arena. There is no tc vendor in arena. We need a tc vendor near the entrance to the event. We also need the 'teleport to event' to work. That leads us to the library still. We had a maintenance today and what got fixed? Not this.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Yeah,

it is rather sloppy that the Dev team went to such great lengths to move deckathalon into the new arena and it still has the event teleport going to the Commons Library.

Just more running around for us to do until it is fixed. But I do agree with the previous posts, there does need to be treasure card vendor in the arena, both for pvp players and deckathalon.

Thanks

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
stemogstel on May 11, 2022 wrote:
It's been moved to the arena. There is no tc vendor in arena. We need a tc vendor near the entrance to the event. We also need the 'teleport to event' to work. That leads us to the library still. We had a maintenance today and what got fixed? Not this.
I don't think they were aware of it until a few days ago.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
I discovered last night the teleport to event (deckathalon) in the event interface took you to the old library location. I saw there was to be a small patch with maintenance so I assumed this was going to be fixed. I was wrong. The event page teleport and the crown shop daily spiral page teleport both still deliver you to the library.

This is likely keeping people from participating as they can't find where to go now. There is nothing in the library to inform you of the new location.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Just Another Pirat... on May 12, 2022 wrote:
I discovered last night the teleport to event (deckathalon) in the event interface took you to the old library location. I saw there was to be a small patch with maintenance so I assumed this was going to be fixed. I was wrong. The event page teleport and the crown shop daily spiral page teleport both still deliver you to the library.

This is likely keeping people from participating as they can't find where to go now. There is nothing in the library to inform you of the new location.
They let the Broken Beastmoon AOE's go for a week instead of fixing them, so I'm not too surprised.

However, stuff like this is bound to happen when you're changing established systems.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
There is honestly no reason for the deckathalon to have been moved to the arena, other than to fill a bit of space in the overly large, mostly empty arena. The library is where treasure cards are sold and it's a treasure card event. Deckathalon belongs in the library.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Commenting on a few posts.

lightdragonofW101
If KI is not aware of the things they do ... I'll let the imagination run wild with that thought. A Metallica song title comes to my mind, sad but true.

Just Another Pirate

On Thursday I did my first run with the goal to reach 75 pts (or more) and be done. I earned just over 100 pts and made it to just around the top 600 on the leaderboard. This tells me, not many people are participating.
You are also right to point out there is no info given to us in the game. What happened to Gamma?!

Needed to be added to this topic is exiting from the Deckathalon leads us to the library or the Commons.
When I walk out or defeated, I am sent to library. When I flee, I am sent to Commons. This needs fixing too.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I may be in the minority here, but I like that the Deckathalon was moved to the Arena and that the Arena is cleaner now with entrances for each event (and entrances for future events).

That said, I agree with all of the ease-of-play issues:
1. The Teleport to Event has to take us to the actual event (both from the icon in the top right and from the Daily Spiral page).

2. Departing the Tower through a door or fleeing the Tower also should take us to the event location in the Arena, rather than to the Library or the Commons.

3. We need a Librarian (or Part-time Librarian) in the Arena location. Harold's brother or cousin helping out so he doesn't have to be two places at once? Marian the Librarian? Giles the Watcher who likes to see how far people progress in the Tower?
Alternative ideas:
3a. Dedicated teleport from the Arena location to the Library and back.
3b. Create Cantrip TCs that Teleport to the Arena/Teleport to the Library and have them drop generously within the Tower itself).