Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Every school nerfed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2016
I recently joined the game again after a couple years. I just noticed that all schools got nerfed. (call of khrulhu, bugs, etc) I wanted to know if it is a problem questing later on with these nerfs. Especially death as I tend to solo. I am level 120. But restarting over on a myth. Also are there any new gear since 120 that is worth getting? Thanks for reading

Survivor
Jul 29, 2018
Spells went through an audit and got "weaker" however death got stronger as the drain spells are fully enchantable now. However, enemies health also got reduced by like 10%-20% so they are a bit easier.

Gear wise, Darkmoor gear is strong, or Cabal gear until you decide to upgrade to Dragoon (130 WC Catacombs), Empyrea Pt 2 gear (130), or Merciless/Demiurge Gear (Lemuria 150). Builds have gotten stronger, but not drastically different from level 100 items.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
No, it's not a problem going forward. All of the mobs also got nerfed. You can read more about the changes in the Developer Diaries (https://www.wizard101.com/game/dev-diary/spell-balance-audit) there are a few that may be of interest to you.

There is new gear known as the Dragoon's gear (level 130 if I remember) that is worth getting in my opinion at least some of the pieces. It can be obtained via reagents in any of the Wizard City Catacombs. Lemuria has launched with other gear that also is a boost that's worth getting but it's level 150.

You should have no trouble leveling up and continuing on either your death or myth wizards even as you play solo (there are a few hard bosses, but there was before too.) Most of the spell audit changes have been due to PVP changes and they've bled over into PVE (though that's not the "official" reason, for that read the dev diaries, which you should do anyway.)

Hope that helps!

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
You really shouldn't run into any problems solo any school, especially death with it being one of the easiest schools the solo the game.

As of gear worth getting, you should go for the Dragoon gear in the Catacombs. It is definitely a grind and will take up a lot of your time but if a double reagent weekend comes around, that would be a great time to play.

For a Death, you will want to go with Dragoon Deadly Helm (Catacombs), Baleful Light Brigade Armor (Tenni'syn), Dragoon Deadly Boots (Catacombs) for the main armor. The other gear will eventually change but you could get away with Deathly Paradox Defenders (Titan's Trident) if you manage to get it from doing the quest or the Arcanum crafted wand, the Mercy of Shadow and Light (Morganthe) atheme, Dragoon Deadly Charm (Catacombs), Lord of Death's Coil (Aphrodite II). You could really use any good deck like the one's from Omen, The Rat, or Biohazard from Karamelle.

For the pet just use a triple (damage) double (resist) but if you really want you can just go for all damage.

Once you start getting later into the game definitely check out ferric's gear video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-VHbg0NUQ&t=961s

Hopefully this helps!