Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Farewell from Renee Wooften

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2011
Fellow Wizards!

Renee Wooften, here. I started playing Wizard101 in 2011 when I became a support representative helping players get through account difficulties and questing. Shortly after that I sacrificed a lot of sleep to binge the Pirate101 beta. Then I moved hundreds of miles across the country to pursue a career in video games, which only became a reality when I stepped into the magical world of the Spiral. Since joining KingsIsle in 2013, I was given so many opportunities that I didn't think were possible. I learned about QA, design, programming, and art; I also dabbled a little bit with seeing how our marketing and web teams work. I'm so grateful for finding a career path in production because I got to work with our creative team and help facilitate many great initiatives.

There are highlights during the past decade of my career that I doubt I'll ever top no matter where the winds take me. I witnessed two Make-A-Wish guests enter our office and facilitated a third, released several new worlds for players to explore, celebrated our 10-year anniversary of Wizard101 with updating Wizard City, and helped facilitate opening opportunities on Steam for more players to experience the universe that millions grew to love over the years; I even got the chance to meet with many of our community members during office tours, PAX South, and SXSW conventions! We added exciting events to give a break between questing, updated character models and offering a Magic Mirror to take pride in your reflection, and even had difficult conversations about being more vocal about diversity and inclusion efforts throughout the Spiral. We also continue to contribute to several charities including, but not limited to: AbleGamers, Creative Action, and Extra-Life. One of these charity events took me Over-the-Edge of a 32-story building for Make-A-Wish!

I play a lot of games and am a part of several communities, but I have not experienced a community that is nearly as passionate as those that enjoy Wizard101 and Pirate101. Let that passion continue to push for an environment where you continue to enjoy and feel included. I see such a bright future for KingsIsle, especially with the backing of Gamigo/MGI. I cannot wait to see what this amazing team accomplishes in the coming years and am looking forward to cheering from the sidelines. My time at KingsIsle is coming to an end as I take the leap for another opportunity to grow and diversify my experience. It's bittersweet, but I am really excited to see what's next. From one magical journey, onto another, thank you for all the amazing years full of adventures and fond memories! See you around the Spiral!

Farewell for now,
Renee "Wooften" Wooten (He/They)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
So sad to see you depart, but my well wishes go to you. Fair travels in the places beyond the Spiral, and good fortune come to you. You will not be forgotten by this community.

(P.S.: Your in-game experienced teasing the Wizard City Revamp/Catacombs were fun. You will be remembered for that most of all, rest assured!)

Survivor
Nov 25, 2016
Renee I’m very saddened to hear about your departure from KI , I am proud of you and your accomplishments and especially proud of the fact that you made this game a bit more diverse… I appreciate everything you have done ! best wishes on whatever journeys will lead you next , Your awesome and will truly be missed . -Admiral G

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your contribution to a wholesome, absolutely fun environment for so many who appreciate a break from "managing" stress. To hear how much you cherished being a part of KI's service to the community is heartwarming,and makes me believe you have what it takes to be successful wherever life takes you. Your future begins now with a "Bon Voyage" echoing through the spiral.