Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Death Advantage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2019
Since the new update, death has gotten an extreme advantage. The putrefaction spell removes even PROTECTED blades/charms. Being able to remove a protected elemental blade for THREE -25% plagues is extremely overpowered. One of two things should happen: either fix the spell so that it does not remove protected blades, or reduce the plague to -15% or -20%. This would be more manageable.

Also, on my life account, I obviously am the healer of my team. Death has so many plagues and infections, including the threefold fever spell that does THREE infections for only 2 pips. This practically makes me, a healer, useless. Death also goes through my absorb shields, and does way more damage than a life student. At least make threefold fever 3 pips.

Or reduce the damage death does when draining, or reduce the 50% healing that drain does to something around 30%.

I am useless as a life student going against a death student. Please balance this out somehow. Make death do less damage, or balance out the amount of plagues/infections death can do. Any one of these suggestions would help balance out the schools.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
having the same problem, im lvl 30 life and i just flee went i see a death wiz, the death minion is 850 and he do all attack plays bubble, weekness 40%, infection,posion, the attacks of death wiz 4pip the 2 spell of infection is to much. life wiz minion 350 easy to kill and just past or imp or i havent see my minion play sanctuary for some time, life wiz dont have bubble at lvl 30, i mean there is no point to be life anymore at lvl 30 we cant heal.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
I'm trying to push making Absorbs reduce Drain healback, so both sides nerf each other's healing.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/life-vs-death-if-lifes-absorbs-were-to-counter-drains-8ad6a4257f731310017f99ab8265186d

Hopefully KI does this and I can have more fun fighting a Life wiz.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2014
Exactly I agree completely ... Been having the same problem too and it's not just death. Death, fire and storm has always been given huge advantages and I think it's a bit biased that the support schools are left behind. More focus should be placed on life especially. With these new updates it's impossible for a life wizard to pvp and win with the current spells that we are given. It's not balanced any at all. Kingsisle claims that with these new updates are for the better but better for who, clearly not life, oni and guardian spirit were banned for no apparent reason at all other than blade stacking. As a player for 8 years I think that old pvp was better before this newer version came into being. I've invested time, energy and so much money into this game and I don't even think it's taken into consideration and not just for me but I'm sure it's the same for other life wizards. Something should and must be done to fix the inequity life wizards face.