Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The latest Crowns Rewards Event...

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
...Is not one I am particularly fond of. I dislike the model of these particular Crowns Rewards Events, where unique and one-of-a-kind rewards are locked behind a price barrier that most of Wizard101's playerbase could not possible hope to achieve. This Crowns Reward event, I feel, unfairly targets a select few players over the majority of the dedicated players of this game (Including myself).

I cannot help but voice my disapproval of this event, especially since myself and others have, in the past, done the same for similar events of this kind. It is disturbing to me, the prospect that these kinds of "Pay to Win" events leave behind most of the players, and I hope this this does not create a disparity between those with the money to commit to these and those who do not.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lookit Light on Dec 15, 2021 wrote:
...Is not one I am particularly fond of. I dislike the model of these particular Crowns Rewards Events, where unique and one-of-a-kind rewards are locked behind a price barrier that most of Wizard101's playerbase could not possible hope to achieve. This Crowns Reward event, I feel, unfairly targets a select few players over the majority of the dedicated players of this game (Including myself).

I cannot help but voice my disapproval of this event, especially since myself and others have, in the past, done the same for similar events of this kind. It is disturbing to me, the prospect that these kinds of "Pay to Win" events leave behind most of the players, and I hope this this does not create a disparity between those with the money to commit to these and those who do not.
What exactly do you win? Cosmetics, housing items and a few packs that you could buy anyway. I don't see exactly how this is "Pay to Win".

That being said, I was tempted to do this, but I decided that the rewards were not worth it. I can't justify blowing 60,000 crowns in one sitting even for some things that I really want, especially when I consider everything else along the way as "junk". It's sad because while I would consider purchasing this-I just feel like the price point is too high and the rewards too lackluster, but I'm sure you'll have people complain if the rewards are "too good". 60,000 crowns is a lot better than the original Crown Rewards Ripoffs er I mean weekends, but still I feel like this price point is to high. It costs 1/3 of the game in Crowns just to get a mount. Not great if you ask me. Sadly, I feel like the Scroll of Fortunes are loosing their umph as well. I used to buy 3 of them and now I only get 1 if that.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
exp613 on Dec 15, 2021 wrote:
What exactly do you win? Cosmetics, housing items and a few packs that you could buy anyway. I don't see exactly how this is "Pay to Win".

That being said, I was tempted to do this, but I decided that the rewards were not worth it. I can't justify blowing 60,000 crowns in one sitting even for some things that I really want, especially when I consider everything else along the way as "junk". It's sad because while I would consider purchasing this-I just feel like the price point is too high and the rewards too lackluster, but I'm sure you'll have people complain if the rewards are "too good". 60,000 crowns is a lot better than the original Crown Rewards Ripoffs er I mean weekends, but still I feel like this price point is to high. It costs 1/3 of the game in Crowns just to get a mount. Not great if you ask me. Sadly, I feel like the Scroll of Fortunes are loosing their umph as well. I used to buy 3 of them and now I only get 1 if that.
This event is just like the original Crowns Rewards events, with such rewards as Additional Character Slot potions and an exclusive mount. Essentially, it's identical to the Night-Knight Crowns Event, Sleepy Agent Crowns Event, Glorious Morn Crowns Event, and Weekend Warrior Crowns Rewards Events that the community (Including you, if I remember correctly) protested against due to their incredibly high price barriers.

And I agree, this is lackluster. Not only is it unachievable to most of us, but this is coming back after our previous complaints and our clearly voiced desire to not see this return again. If this is going to keep returning, it will need some serious modifications in order to make ii more inclusive and welcoming to the community.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Lookit Light on Dec 21, 2021 wrote:
This event is just like the original Crowns Rewards events, with such rewards as Additional Character Slot potions and an exclusive mount. Essentially, it's identical to the Night-Knight Crowns Event, Sleepy Agent Crowns Event, Glorious Morn Crowns Event, and Weekend Warrior Crowns Rewards Events that the community (Including you, if I remember correctly) protested against due to their incredibly high price barriers.

And I agree, this is lackluster. Not only is it unachievable to most of us, but this is coming back after our previous complaints and our clearly voiced desire to not see this return again. If this is going to keep returning, it will need some serious modifications in order to make ii more inclusive and welcoming to the community.
I absolutely agree

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Given that the rewards are either crowns items themselves or purely cosmetic I don't see the problem. If they actually had relevant stats I would be furious (even though I completed it in full) but 5-15% more speed on a mount is literally the only thing that can't be had elsewhere.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lookit Light on Dec 21, 2021 wrote:

$60 is a lot a significantly better price point that $240+ dollars. It is not as "good" as the other ones because there are less cosmetics overall-a hairstyle, wand and mount. Vs the old ones had a hat, robes, shoes, wand and mount. And neither of these are counting the other items. Would I prefer if it was cheaper? Yes, I feel like they would get significantly more sales if it was priced at $30 or less, however that being said, I think they have certain "values" ascribed to different types of items and sometimes I just think that that value does not match what the consumer thinks it is.

I recently watched an interesting video about Fast Pass and Wait-times in Disney Parks. It was rather interesting but over an hour long-I can sort of see some of the parallels going on here in the crown shop as the video mentioned about Fast-Pass.

TLDR: Price is better than original, but could be improved still. The amount/type of items appears lack luster including Scroll of Fortune. I'm sorry Decius I don't have more useful feedback at the moment. I think I just personally wanted the Season 1 Scroll of Fortune Teleport Effect and it had to many items that I already had/didn't want. Good luck, this Crownshop Monetization sounds like a nightmare of a job at times... Wish you the best though! :)