Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Areas that left you wanting more

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
Fellow Wizards, as I’ve played through the game, I occasionally run into areas that have simply blown me away. Even in some of my personal least favorite worlds there have been areas that have made me wish that there was more content set aside for those areas.

For me it was:

Grizzelhiem; Nordrilund
Empyrea; the Aero Plains
Lumeria; The Heap
Azteca; The Floating Mountains

What were some of your favorites and Why?

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Currently I'm playing my ice through Azteca, so I guess, having played Azteca before on another character - I guess I would say (without giving away too many spoilers for those who haven't played to the end of this world yet), the first time I went through, I really wanted a part two to this world to see what happened next, if that makes sense? I mean, there is a spiral door there... surely something else could have happened next... Other than that, the only other area in Azteca - there's a boss who's a Krok. I really wanted to know how he got to Azteca, if the Krok's were originally from Azteca, etcetera; not to mention some follow-up on how a certain sarcophagus arrived...

Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
Nordrilund was a big one for me too, as was the Floating Mountains. Both areas are so gorgeous but you breeze through them so fast.

Marleybone as an entire world left me sad because I wanted so much more out of it visually than just rooftops. (I understand it was one of the original worlds and therefore hindered by the technology but it still made me really sad when I first played it in 2010.)

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
ShanieOManiac on Dec 10, 2021 wrote:
Nordrilund was a big one for me too, as was the Floating Mountains. Both areas are so gorgeous but you breeze through them so fast.

Marleybone as an entire world left me sad because I wanted so much more out of it visually than just rooftops. (I understand it was one of the original worlds and therefore hindered by the technology but it still made me really sad when I first played it in 2010.)
I absolutely agree about Marleybone. All of the original worlds, WC (both original and rework) aside, felt very uniform. Krok had different color schemes, at least... but Marleybone was bland. It was more fun to travel through Digmoore Station and Regent's Square than any of the actual content streets. Definitely, to some extent a conceptual flop.

Community Leader
There are a few areas that I would really love to see expanded upon.

Wysteria Part II - I loved traveling to Wysteria years ago to compete for the Spiral Cup, and the journey offered a fun side experience, a fun story and gameplay to match it. The world and story itself is very short, only 3 main areas to travel to and explore. While the world itself is not huge, I think there is definitely room and potential to expand, such as a higher level (70, or 90 maybe) where we are called back to Wysteria to compete in the Spiral Cup once again, with a story to follow along with new areas to explore. I also think there could even be potential for a Spiral Cup Round 3 at level 120ish, but I could understand there not being a big story accompanying that high of a level. Wysteria to me is always full of potential and story to return to though!

Crab Alley - Crab Alley is a part of Wizard City, so is naturally not a longer/difficult area as compared to areas in the later worlds and while it doesn't really need large extensions, I like to think about possible hidden areas/paths of Crab Alley that could be discovered and explored on.

Marleybone - I see a lot of potential for the world to have some sort of sewer/hidden underground area or dungeon beneath the city itself, as well as a park on ground level further away from the buildings and chaotic roof tops, and more explorable buildings in the city. That world has always given me a mysterious never-know what you're going to find/see kind of vibe.

And of course, I love to see the continuation of Wizard City content. From added areas like the tunnel in Olde Town, Darkmoor, etc. to side activities like Deckathalon and Beastmoon, I love that WC is still the HUB of the game and is still receiving more content every now and again, and never really left behind.

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Areas that left me wanting more, hmm? Interesting discussion, Fluzzard2. I'll happily throw in a large dollop of my suggestions, feedback and criticisms.

Soda Lake, Karamelle: This area, in my eyes, in by far the most egregious offender in terms of not giving enough. You literally pass through it once in a single quest and then never go back there again. It leaves a lot to be desired, especially in regards to... well, doing anything really.

Floating Islands, Azteca: Such a remarkable landscape to visit. The areas themed on the schools of magic are very impressive, and the music is soothing. (At least, until a certain comet comes around.) So it's a real shame that, after the main storyline and side quests, there really isn't any reason to come back here. If there was, I would really enjoy it.

Wintertusk, Grizzleheim: Time for some positive feedback. Wintertusk is an incredible area with a fascinating and engaging plot that draws aspiring Wizards in easily. At the same time, it provides difficult quests and challenges that just so happen to be a good source of XP for leveling up. Everything about this plotline is superb, and if there were any reasons to come back here, I would charge right in with my spell deck at the ready.

Wysteria, as a whole: This world is small, but suitably fantastical. I remember, years ago, before my Wizard became the almighty Scion of Bartleby and was taking his baby steps, Wysteria was really fun. I can easily imagine coming back here again, if only to get more of that whimsically fun experience. Here's an idea; perhaps around Level 100, when we become an alumni of Ravenwood, we are invited back here to participate in a far more advanced tourney, like Harry Potter's Triwizard Tournament. That would be fun, hmm?

Mandoria, Lemuria: This is a far more recent addition to the game, but after playing through it I can only come to one conclusion. 'inhales' GREAT GIBBERING GOBBLERS, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED MANDORIA! The entire area was an adventurous experience, with the questline being superb. Mander the Barbarian is one of my new favorite NPCs, and the music matches the rough-and-tumble area perfectly. The swords and sorcery references are heavy here, with plenty of parallels to media along the lines of Conan the Barbarian, Dungeons and Dragons, and Masters of the Universe. This is one of my new favorite areas, period. (My only complains is that the Tomb Wardens in the Tomb of He-Mander are the single most annoying non-boss creatures I've ever seen.)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think Wysteria needs a major upgrade, possibly the same way as Wintertusk upgraded Grizzleheim. You learn no new spells, 35% (or more, it's a guess) of the quests are simply "run and talk" quests, you learn no new spells, you get no new gear, etc. Helephant is decent as a tower, but it doesnt qualify as an upgrade to me since the street it exists on is already there, and it's not what I would call an upgrade. One tower with ok gear drops (comparative to other drops) isnt an upgrade to me. The biggest thing about Helephant really are the mastery amulets, an athame, and a ring (depending on what current gear you already have), but that's not enough to farm it for me.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Thought of some more locations that really stayed with me, so I thought I'd share a little more.

Aquila, as a whole: Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet. The entirety of Aquila is only three dungeons, but MY GOODNESS is there a lot of fun and challenge packed into those three dungeons. The idea of a long and challenging dungeon romp is something that I think has been missed out on in Arcs 3 and 4 of this game. (So far as I'm aware, Tartarus is the highest level dungeon of its kind in the entire game, and it's still a challenge even to Wizards far above it's required power level.) So far as I'm aware, there is still one door in Aquila that could be feasibly entered, and I REALLY want to.

The Drains/Catacombs, Wizard City: An invigorating area with exciting Side Quests, an impressive story, and bosses that are worthy opponents to the strongest Wizards. Need I say more?

The Great Spyre, Dragonspyre: Even after all these years, the final dungeon of Arc 1 is still unparalleled anywhere else in the game. Sometimes I like to come back here just to get a look at the effort it must have taken to create it back then. And when you reach the top, it is oh so nostalgic to see Malistaire with the Krokonomicon in hand. A timeless area that still manages to inspire awe.