Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Question For Gardening Experts

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Hello there. Christo, my Level 146 Storm wizard, is at Rank 10 Gardening. However I stopped gardening a while back, and now my storage spaces on Christo are absolutely overflowing with seeds, so much so that I have to regularly sell items to prevent my backpack from filling up. Having to do this is extremely disruptive to me while questing. Now, there are two ways I can solve this issue. I can sell seeds and/or transfer seeds to one of my lower level wizards (fyi the rest of my wizards are only at Rank 1 Gardening). Here's the problem, though: I am not a gardening expert, so I am not sure exactly which seeds to sell, which seeds to transfer, and which seeds to keep. So I am posting here to get advice from gardening experts about what to do.

Below is a list of all the seeds I own on Christo (and how much of them I own). Can you gardening experts out there advise me on which seeds to sell, which seeds to transfer, and which seeds to keep? Thanks in advance.
  • Alligator Pear Tree (4)
  • Angel Oak (4)
  • Angora Bunny Ears (20)
  • Baby Carrots (12)
  • Bamboo Shoots (1)
  • Bell Pepper (17)
  • Blue Huckleberries (21)
  • Boiled Peanuts (20)
  • Boom Shroom (2)
  • Bread Fruit Bush (5)
  • Burning Snap Dragon (2)
  • Cornbread Fruit Bush (7)
  • Couch Potatoes (4)
  • Deadly Fly Trap (5)
  • Deadly Helephant Ears (1)
  • Desparagus (1)
  • Evil Magma Peas (4)
  • Evil Snow Peas (1)
  • Face Palm (3)
  • Fiery Boom Shroom (1)
  • Fish on a Vine (11)
  • Frozen Fly Trap (3)
  • Golden Couch Potatoes (3)
  • Goose Tree (1)
  • Grapes of Wrath (29)
  • Helephant Ears (1)
  • Honey Sickle (1)
  • Ivy League (32)
  • Key Limes (7)
  • King Parsley (5)
  • Laugh-O-Dil (3)
  • Maltese Tiger Lily (3)
  • Moon Flower (6)
  • Ninja Fig (3)
  • Orange Bell Pepper (10)
  • Orange Dandelion (2)
  • Pink Dandelion (19)
  • Pink Huckleberries (27)
  • Pink Laugh-O-Dil (2)
  • Prickly Bear Cactus (10)
  • Purple Bell Pepper (1)
  • Purple Grapes of Wrath (4)
  • Purple Snow Apples (3)
  • Queen Crape Myrtle (3)
  • Red Bell Pepper (3)
  • Red Couch Potatoes (7)
  • Red Grapes of Wrath (3)
  • Red Huckleberries (22)
  • Rotten Beets (7)
  • Rye Bread Fruit Bush (12)
  • Saw Palmetto (8)
  • Silver Trumpet Vine (7)
  • Snap Dragon (3)
  • Snow Apples (2)
  • Sour Pickle Fickle (4)
  • Sugar Khrystal (3)
  • Sunion (2)
  • Sword Fern (1)
  • Trumpet Vine (1)
  • Ultra Alligator Pear Tree (1)
  • Ultra Boom Shroom (1)
  • Ultra Dandelion (1)
  • Ultra Helephant Ears (1)
  • Ultra Huckleberries (1)
  • Ultra Snap Dragon (3)
  • Ultra Snow Apples (1)
  • Ultra Tiger Lily (1)
  • Vampire Carrots (2)
  • Venus Fly Trap (4)
  • White Desparagus (2)
  • White Laugh-O-Dil (6)
  • White Tiger Lily (2)
  • Yellow Bell Pepper (9)

P.S. I've already bought the maximum amount of Expand Backpack & Expand Bank Elixirs, so they won't be of any use here. And even if I could use them, they wouldn't be a good solution anyway since they would merely kick the can down the road.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2019
Ok I wouldn't be surprised if other people would keep more (or less) than me but I'd personally keep the regular couch potatoes, evil magma peas, any ultra plants bc those are sometimes hard to get reagents for crafting, and these are a pain to grow but I keep sugar khrystals. You could use the other ones to gain gardening xp on your other wizards though.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Really you need to look up the seeds in the wiki and see if the things they drop appeal to you, if they are used as reagents in any recipe that interests you, or--if you like to garden for fun decor, if you like the look of the plants. A few general points:
1. Many players like to grow regular couch potatoes and evil magma peas for the pet mega snack drops. They also generate quite a bit of gold.
2. Never get rid of pink dandelions. With 25 pink dandelions you can craft yourself a seed vault. Honestly, I'd probably go farm the 6 more you need to do that and rid yourself of this problem for a while.

3. Ultra seeds can be hard to get and some are used as reagents eg for crafting mounts. I'd hold onto those.
4. If you can buy it from a vendor or easily in the bazaar, I wouldn't worry too much about getting rid of it if you have no immediate use for it. You can always buy it later if need be.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
sword tree on Dec 18, 2021 wrote:
Really you need to look up the seeds in the wiki and see if the things they drop appeal to you, if they are used as reagents in any recipe that interests you, or--if you like to garden for fun decor, if you like the look of the plants. A few general points:
1. Many players like to grow regular couch potatoes and evil magma peas for the pet mega snack drops. They also generate quite a bit of gold.
2. Never get rid of pink dandelions. With 25 pink dandelions you can craft yourself a seed vault. Honestly, I'd probably go farm the 6 more you need to do that and rid yourself of this problem for a while.

3. Ultra seeds can be hard to get and some are used as reagents eg for crafting mounts. I'd hold onto those.
4. If you can buy it from a vendor or easily in the bazaar, I wouldn't worry too much about getting rid of it if you have no immediate use for it. You can always buy it later if need be.
Thanks for the tips! How can I found out if a certain seed is used in a crafting recipe though? The wiki doesn't have that information.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Fable Finder on Dec 9, 2021 wrote:
Hello there. Christo, my Level 146 Storm wizard, is at Rank 10 Gardening. However I stopped gardening a while back, and now my storage spaces on Christo are absolutely overflowing with seeds, so much so that I have to regularly sell items to prevent my backpack from filling up. Having to do this is extremely disruptive to me while questing. Now, there are two ways I can solve this issue. I can sell seeds and/or transfer seeds to one of my lower level wizards (fyi the rest of my wizards are only at Rank 1 Gardening). Here's the problem, though: I am not a gardening expert, so I am not sure exactly which seeds to sell, which seeds to transfer, and which seeds to keep. So I am posting here to get advice from gardening experts about what to do.

Below is a list of all the seeds I own on Christo (and how much of them I own). Can you gardening experts out there advise me on which seeds to sell, which seeds to transfer, and which seeds to keep? Thanks in advance.
  • Alligator Pear Tree (4)
  • Angel Oak (4)
  • Angora Bunny Ears (20)
  • Baby Carrots (12)
  • Bamboo Shoots (1)
  • Bell Pepper (17)
  • Blue Huckleberries (21)
  • Boiled Peanuts (20)
  • Boom Shroom (2)
  • Bread Fruit Bush (5)
  • Burning Snap Dragon (2)
  • Cornbread Fruit Bush (7)
  • Couch Potatoes (4)
  • Deadly Fly Trap (5)
  • Deadly Helephant Ears (1)
  • Desparagus (1)
  • Evil Magma Peas (4)
  • Evil Snow Peas (1)
  • Face Palm (3)
  • Fiery Boom Shroom (1)
  • Fish on a Vine (11)
  • Frozen Fly Trap (3)
  • Golden Couch Potatoes (3)
  • Goose Tree (1)
  • Grapes of Wrath (29)
  • Helephant Ears (1)
  • Honey Sickle (1)
  • Ivy League (32)
  • Key Limes (7)
  • King Parsley (5)
  • Laugh-O-Dil (3)
  • Maltese Tiger Lily (3)
  • Moon Flower (6)
  • Ninja Fig (3)
  • Orange Bell Pepper (10)
  • Orange Dandelion (2)
  • Pink Dandelion (19)
  • Pink Huckleberries (27)
  • Pink Laugh-O-Dil (2)
  • Prickly Bear Cactus (10)
  • Purple Bell Pepper (1)
  • Purple Grapes of Wrath (4)
  • Purple Snow Apples (3)
  • Queen Crape Myrtle (3)
  • Red Bell Pepper (3)
  • Red Couch Potatoes (7)
  • Red Grapes of Wrath (3)
  • Red Huckleberries (22)
  • Rotten Beets (7)
  • Rye Bread Fruit Bush (12)
  • Saw Palmetto (8)
  • Silver Trumpet Vine (7)
  • Snap Dragon (3)
  • Snow Apples (2)
  • Sour Pickle Fickle (4)
  • Sugar Khrystal (3)
  • Sunion (2)
  • Sword Fern (1)
  • Trumpet Vine (1)
  • Ultra Alligator Pear Tree (1)
  • Ultra Boom Shroom (1)
  • Ultra Dandelion (1)
  • Ultra Helephant Ears (1)
  • Ultra Huckleberries (1)
  • Ultra Snap Dragon (3)
  • Ultra Snow Apples (1)
  • Ultra Tiger Lily (1)
  • Vampire Carrots (2)
  • Venus Fly Trap (4)
  • White Desparagus (2)
  • White Laugh-O-Dil (6)
  • White Tiger Lily (2)
  • Yellow Bell Pepper (9)

P.S. I've already bought the maximum amount of Expand Backpack & Expand Bank Elixirs, so they won't be of any use here. And even if I could use them, they wouldn't be a good solution anyway since they would merely kick the can down the road.
I would keep the following seeds: Boiled Peanuts (20) Couch Potatoes (4) Evil Magma Peas (4) Fish on a Vine (11) Key Limes (7) These are great for leveling up a new gardener King Parsley (5) Pink Dandelion (19) Good for reagents or if you can get 25 you can craft a seed vault to store 100 seeds!!! Saw Palmetto (8) Silver Trumpet Vine (7) Sunion (2) Sword Fern (1) Ultra Alligator Pear Tree (1) Ultra Boom Shroom (1) Ultra Dandelion (1) Ultra Helephant Ears (1)