Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

High Level Gears (130+) and AlphaStriking

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Lets take an example:

All hat have same list of stats (life, power pip, shadow pip, critical, dmg, accuracy, pierce)
Let imagine you want to go pure healer in a group, no need dmg or pierce, just outgoing, power pip (maybe shadow too), resist, and accuracy.

That exist you just need to buy pack or bundle, in game alternative are rare ( if you have a lvl 150 outgoing hat tell me i search for it) you can buy bundle or pack true but they are not actually giving lvl 140 items (hat with outgoing, sky city and even more scarry give 140 gears)

A Paradox between School identity and alpha striking

All sets lvl 130 + are designed to be balanced between stats for a school and created to go alpha striking.
If you want healing or tanking no max resist or healing by a set no you will hit too like everyone or you keep lvl 60 - 110 gears

Another example :

None of lvl 140 life wand give outgoing, they all give shadow dmg critical 1 Power pip and pip conversion, the only difference are the numbers and the appearance but all are identical

I looked on lists of lvl 90,100,110,120,130,138,140 life only wands (that remove pack and bundle any school by nature) :
- No wand give outgoing since lvl 90
- No alternative wand since lvl 100 ( some had resist, other pierce or give energy)

You get a new wand, she is is clearly better or not, not better on this case or from that point of view, no better on all case or not.
The combination of {pierce, damage, critical} are good for hitters but add also:
{critical, outgoing, block}
{resist, stun resist, block}
{damage, accuracy, incoming}
{outgoing, Incoming, resist}

Change the jewel socket not always square

Gameplay updates feeling:

The damage and resist cap was a good idea to encourage developping other stats than just stacking dmg stats to get 200%
The spell audit fixed the "overpowering" of certain spell. I globaly agree but the mob life followed and now we meet bosses with the hp of avalon/azteca worlds.

Why this post?

Actually i play with my life ( if you haven't guessed it by the focus on outgoing) and i quest in team of 2 globaly. Most of the time i dont even need to play i can just pass the fight will be the same their life is so low that 7 pip are enough, the boss rarely do more than 6000 dmg so with such short fight no need to resist and healing just for the pleasure to see everyone finishing in a green aura.

BUT

If going solo, The fight are ok i take a long time to beat a boss that a storm would have killed in 5 round, and if the storm would have taken one more turn he would have restart cuz k.o. like i can sustain high damage so that normal at round 10 the boss is close to death but still alive ye i can simplify things by taking dragoon or uber gear and getting higher dmg to go faster but for a solo experience that pretty good

Playing in team reprensent no challenge most of the time cuz we fight the same creatures as solo and they are clearly weaker than our wizards. Like the mobs fill more spot when we are in team they should gain also bonus stats increasing by the number of wizards and why not double hp at 4 wizards and not just be 3v2 and 4v3 4v4

Conclusion:

- Gears variety in 3 way Offensive/Defensive/Supportive
- Improving difficulty on team play without damaging to much the actual solo experience
- A hard rework of the stats along with the gear variety and the idea of school identity (like cap per school for example) ( dont need to fall on the +450% outgoing life or 175% resist ice )
- Continuing the spell revamp and the spells ramp in PvE

With this topic i just want to express the actual feeling i have in playing but thats just ideas to help the developpers on their work, i know how much work that would represent (just for creating 3 different wand per school per couple of lvl) and i will not be disappointed if none of these idea serve to improve the game. The Story, the Worlds, the Spirit in this game continue to inspire me and the actual state of the game please me yet.

Erin GoldenFlame , Life master