Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death "after defeated" Spell Function

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Is it possible to have a Drain healback to a "stored health pool" instead of directly to our health?

What I mean by "stored health pool" is what Guardian Spirit gives for Life (a spell that stores health) but as it is a Healback and not a Heal, incoming/outgoing heal boosts would not affect the value. It would fit the theme of Death being hard to stay defeated. An of course any spell with this function would never be an AoE hit.

If this type of spell is possible, it would be a very nice spell to have. Favourably at 5 Pips with 250 Drain damage.

Thanks.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2021
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Not sure. Higher rank spells have so much over heal death wizards would never die. If I use scare crow in 4v1: I would have nearly 5000 over heal. You get the gist. It must be capped, maybe around 2000 hp and for X rounds

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I'd love if Death had more Afterlife type spells in Beastmoon as it really fits into the theme of Death.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Lukeskywalker1313 on Nov 12, 2021 wrote:
Not sure. Higher rank spells have so much over heal death wizards would never die. If I use scare crow in 4v1: I would have nearly 5000 over heal. You get the gist. It must be capped, maybe around 2000 hp and for X rounds
I think you are a bit confused on what I meant. I was talking about a "swap 50% to stored health pool" spell, which would be different than a "swap 50% to health". Any excess heal back from a regular Drain spell would not get stored into a pool.

That's why I said a spell with this function would never be an AoE, as it would be broken. Just imagine Guardian Spirit but instead of 15% HP, its a Drain.

Say a spell had this function 250 base Drain with Epic, you would need to bring the 550 damage to 4000 damage just to store the 2000. Not to mention, unlike a heal which directly affects HP, enemies can resist Drain damage which can lower the outcome. The spell also cannot be used on an ally since its a Drain.

Plus, since this is an "after defeated" spell function you would lose all hanging affects and pips upon the effect triggering. As well, with a moderately high pip cost you cannot cast the spell right away nor would it be very spammable.

So yes, this can be a lot more powerful than Guardian Spirit but would need a longer time to set up a decent heal pool than Guardian Spirit. That's why I thought it to be a low damage spell with a moderate pip cost