Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Emoji Bugs

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
If you have encountered an emoji bug, please add it to this topic.

I will get us started...

1) When typing the letter d followed by the symbol : it appears as an emoji. Here is an example of something I might type in the game in which this annoying bug would appear - "Hi Sparck, please check out this new topic I made on the site titled: Emoji Bugs". And here is how it will show - "Hi Sparck, please check out this new topic I made on the site title Emoji Bugs". (the actual emoji that shows in the game is not on this site)

2) I went to settings and turned emojis off to test it out. Every emoji I do with it turned off adds the number 1 at the end. This is real weird as it appears in text chat this way. So typing XD and :D appear as XD1 and :D1

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
stemogstel on Nov 2, 2021 wrote:
If you have encountered an emoji bug, please add it to this topic.

I will get us started...

1) When typing the letter d followed by the symbol : it appears as an emoji. Here is an example of something I might type in the game in which this annoying bug would appear - "Hi Sparck, please check out this new topic I made on the site titled: Emoji Bugs". And here is how it will show - "Hi Sparck, please check out this new topic I made on the site title Emoji Bugs". (the actual emoji that shows in the game is not on this site)

2) I went to settings and turned emojis off to test it out. Every emoji I do with it turned off adds the number 1 at the end. This is real weird as it appears in text chat this way. So typing XD and :D appear as XD1 and :D1
So um, I hate to tell you this, but I'm fairly sure as far as the first bit, it's working as intended. If you don't want an emoji then don't use a : or use a space. So say ".... site titled : Emoji..." or "... site titled,"Emoji bugs" or something. More users are going to want to use emojis than not, I'm afraid. in your particular case D: translates to a worried emoji and it's reading it as part of the word before. I'm not sure if adding in the functionality to test if it's a word or not is worth the time.

The second thing with the 1 sounds like it's trying to pull an image but not doing so because you turned off the emoji things. I can certify that the same thing happens to me when I try it. That probably should be fixed.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
exp613 on Nov 3, 2021 wrote:
So um, I hate to tell you this, but I'm fairly sure as far as the first bit, it's working as intended. If you don't want an emoji then don't use a : or use a space. So say ".... site titled : Emoji..." or "... site titled,"Emoji bugs" or something. More users are going to want to use emojis than not, I'm afraid. in your particular case D: translates to a worried emoji and it's reading it as part of the word before. I'm not sure if adding in the functionality to test if it's a word or not is worth the time.

The second thing with the 1 sounds like it's trying to pull an image but not doing so because you turned off the emoji things. I can certify that the same thing happens to me when I try it. That probably should be fixed.
he is not saying he does not want to use emojis. Read it again any time you enter a word that ends with a "d" and is followed with " : " it makes an emoji. That is the bug he is talking about.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
exp613 on Nov 3, 2021 wrote:

Thank you for testing it out. Typing " : " by spacing it makes it yellow. That means not everyone will be able to read it. This should definitely be fixed. Let's see what Maceryn has to say.

Also, if you or anyone notices any other bug with the emojis, please add it on to this topic.