Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove jewels without shattering them?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2016
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'd really appreciate a way to remove jewels and put them back in my inventory. Even if I have to pay 50 crowns or farm an item to do it, like with unlocking sockets. I have some really hard to come by jewels that I want to continue to use as I gain levels and change gear every 5 or 10 levels or just to swap jewels out when I want. Jewels like the Morganthe one would be nice to move around, too.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
SasuSaku9709 on Oct 10, 2021 wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'd really appreciate a way to remove jewels and put them back in my inventory. Even if I have to pay 50 crowns or farm an item to do it, like with unlocking sockets. I have some really hard to come by jewels that I want to continue to use as I gain levels and change gear every 5 or 10 levels or just to swap jewels out when I want. Jewels like the Morganthe one would be nice to move around, too.
When gems first were added to the game, there was a huge discussion about game balance. The solution of shattering them was picked to ensure game balance.

it's not too hard to farm more gems.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
crystalwizard12345... on Oct 14, 2021 wrote:
When gems first were added to the game, there was a huge discussion about game balance. The solution of shattering them was picked to ensure game balance.

How does shattering them balance the game? If the jewel is too powerful, then it's too powerful, and something should be done about that. The reason is so you have to farm more and/or buy packs for jewels.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2016
crystalwizard12345... on Oct 14, 2021 wrote:

The ones that cost money, like Morganthe, are hard to farm. I never play PVP, just solo, so I was speaking from that perspective.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Robobot1747 on Oct 15, 2021 wrote:
How does shattering them balance the game? If the jewel is too powerful, then it's too powerful, and something should be done about that. The reason is so you have to farm more and/or buy packs for jewels.
They become too easy to get. If they are too easy to get, it's too easy to make OP gear.

so - game balance

And really, if you're going to upgrade the gem, other than to use it on some other piece of gear you aren't likely to be wearing, why do you need it?

Explorer
Feb 21, 2010
I second this idea. Farming rare jewels is difficult and takes forever. Spending crowns to salvage them is not asking that much and the company makes a little bit of money in the process. that's a win-win for both sides.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Certain Jewels, such as the already mentioned Morganthe jewels, are actually listed as No Shatter, so you can remove them freely.

However, these Jewels are few and fer between, and I can think of a number of Jewels that would also need No Shatter applied to them (Like certain pet jewels. Why is the world is the Fairy Friend jewel not No Shatter?). Seeing this tag applied to more hard-to-get Jewels would be appreciated.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2016
crystalwizard12345... on Oct 16, 2021 wrote:
They become too easy to get. If they are too easy to get, it's too easy to make OP gear.

so - game balance

And really, if you're going to upgrade the gem, other than to use it on some other piece of gear you aren't likely to be wearing, why do you need it?
You're not making much sense. What do you mean by upgrading the gem and why would we be moving gems to gear we don't use or "aren't likely to be wearing" ? That doesn't make sense and defeats the purpose.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I'll support this. You present an issue most of us encounter with a solution that everyone can benefit from. KI would be wise to listen to you on this.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
crystalwizard12345... on Oct 16, 2021 wrote:

so - game balance

If jewels make OP gear, then clearly the jewels are problematic and not the ability to reuse them. Making them rarer just increases barriers to entry to PvP and the difference between those who have and those who don't. Also, I don't care about upgrading the jewel, I want to upgrade to a new piece of gear, which needs new jewels since I can't recover the old ones.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Its more of they need to update which jewels are marked No-Shatter than a way to remove any jewel. Something that is very, very rare or extremely difficult to obtain should be marked No-Shatter.

Some examples:
  • Dual Schoolblades
  • Morganthe AoEs (which are)
  • Zeus Exalted Hits (would have bought Scroll of Fortune if it was)
  • Maycast Mirage Auras

The Kroger jewels are fine as they can easily be obtained via giftcard.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2016
Lookit Light on Oct 19, 2021 wrote:
Certain Jewels, such as the already mentioned Morganthe jewels, are actually listed as No Shatter, so you can remove them freely.

However, these Jewels are few and fer between, and I can think of a number of Jewels that would also need No Shatter applied to them (Like certain pet jewels. Why is the world is the Fairy Friend jewel not No Shatter?). Seeing this tag applied to more hard-to-get Jewels would be appreciated.
I had a Morganthe on my Life at one point, but I have no idea what happened to it. I'd assumed that I'd shattered it by accident or did something with the gear it was on. Also, the blade jewels, though. Farming them from bosses can get annoying when you're looking for a certain school, so I definitely don't want to shatter them and have to continue farming them for eternity to keep one on my characters at all times lol. Socketing has lost a lot of purpose for me, in general, because the more you level, the more useless they become. You have to keep shattering good ones and adding ones more equivelient to your level. And the cycle never ends, there'll always be another 10 levels, even if you've maxed out atm. KI always adds more and that's more jewels to shatter and waste to add new ones.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Lookit Light on Oct 19, 2021 wrote:

Fairy Friend jewel is No Shatter. Look at it again.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
I agree this is a good idea. No matter how you got the gem, it should be yours to remove and add to any gear as you level up. This is good to keep players long term. Even if you have to get "keys' from updated jewel packs.

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
Farming of older worlds to get those rare jewels is harder than most people think.
If you check the drop table of any old world you previous farmed for jewels

You will note there hundreds of items in their drop tables and many different jewel types.

As you quested through the world you received a few rare ones by "RNG" luck.

So allowing a person to move a rare jewel for a small fee is not asking a lot.
Each player determines what jewel he values and considered rare and worth recovering.
6% and 7% healing jewels, 6% pierce jewels, 10% pip chance. are my favorite ones.
Most school accuracy and critical jewels drop frequently while questing.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2016
Its partially balance, but i dont think it would be too broken to allow them to be taken out, maybe a tool like the socket wrench to take them out