Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turn It Off (pet talents)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 02, 2009
As I level my life up through the Spiral, I'm simultaneously leveling up a kookaburra pet, with all the associated rerolls and hatches. Currently, I'm trying to hatch-out m/c Sleet Storm, since it's a Life pet, and useless, even at a low level.

I'd love an ability to turn off a pet talent. Not to reroll it without hatching, but just to turn it off entirely until it's turned back on- see, for example, m/c heals when it comes to Darkmoor... Let me just turn them off for Shane Von Shane, and turn em back on for Mali. Just a thought.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
It unrealistic to give players the ability to turn off pet talents they don't like instead of having them buy or make another pet. Would make playing the game not challenging enough as it takes strategy to play around pet may casts. Every player gets an undesirable talent when pet hatching that ruins their setup. Like having a may cast fortify mixed with a may cast berserk. Or having a warding pet that randomly gets a spritely at mega. Giving a player the ability to mod their pet whenever they like before a fight would seem like cheating. Only the bosses are allowed to cheat in battle not also the players as well.
I suggest assuming you have not already deleted your other kookaburra that you hatch again with the previous version that did not manifest sleet storm at adult or earlier.