Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible future update? Merely a suggestion from millions suggested

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
I'm sure that this suggestion has been stated many times but I think it's an important one. Through buying the membership, you get to continue the main questline through other worlds. You don't get very far with what's already the limit but it's still entertaining nonetheless. KingsIsle could start by opening up the entirety of Wizard City. Cyclops Lane, Fire Cat Alley. That would be the tip of the ice berg with what I wanted to suggest. Like I previously said, you continue the main questline by buying the membership.
But when the membership expires you go back to how you started. It doesn't feel really that it was worth the time spent or that the money was well spent (even though I think it was, some people don't). So as KingsIsle has probably read thousands of times, they should unlock all the worlds that previous members have played. The down side should be that you can't get the next world you would unlock for finishing the one you're currently on. By playing the worlds, all of the side quests, farming for better stuff, continuing the main questline til' the end of the worlds questline. It'll excite the players for more with Wizard101 adrenaline. If they stop in the middle it'll really get the player excited for what's next.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2020
I think they did open up Wizard City for a short time, but they said that it actually lowered the rise of newcomers. However, they don’t know why that is so they’re looking into analyzing why. Once they figure it out there’s a chance they could open it back up for free again, BUT that’s just an assumption IF they figure out why it lowered the audience and is an easy change up. Because you’d think it would increase it, lol.

They mentioned this for a brief moment on the last KI live! It’s up on their YT channel currently. So they did talk on it which is a good sign!

If they look into this idea, I do like the idea of it potentially opening up and just allowing for people to explore instead of quest until they continue. Personally I play off of and get intrigued by what I can see in the graphics of the game pre-gaming it myself and that’s what pulls me in, so it may very well allow for more consideration from graphic geeks like me.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2016
I agree with this completely. Ive been wishing it forever hopefully something happens soon

Survivor
May 15, 2010
Definitely Agree!

Explorer
May 28, 2012
JustSomeGamer on Aug 27, 2021 wrote:
I'm sure that this suggestion has been stated many times but I think it's an important one. Through buying the membership, you get to continue the main questline through other worlds. You don't get very far with what's already the limit but it's still entertaining nonetheless. KingsIsle could start by opening up the entirety of Wizard City. Cyclops Lane, Fire Cat Alley. That would be the tip of the ice berg with what I wanted to suggest. Like I previously said, you continue the main questline by buying the membership.
But when the membership expires you go back to how you started. It doesn't feel really that it was worth the time spent or that the money was well spent (even though I think it was, some people don't). So as KingsIsle has probably read thousands of times, they should unlock all the worlds that previous members have played. The down side should be that you can't get the next world you would unlock for finishing the one you're currently on. By playing the worlds, all of the side quests, farming for better stuff, continuing the main questline til' the end of the worlds questline. It'll excite the players for more with Wizard101 adrenaline. If they stop in the middle it'll really get the player excited for what's next.
I have an alternate suggestion to put forward regarding the difference between membership and when membership expires. When I had membership for four accounts (it was nice) but limited finances required me to remove two accounts. During the earlier days of the membership, I had plenty of crowns; now having to wait and earn them or save my pennies for the purchase of a zone is difficult.

It would have been nice if I had the option to purchase the areas that membership gave me access to during the membership time. If KI put a pop-up (as they currently due for the crowns accounts but for membership players) giving members the option of purchasing the zone this way when circumstances occur we won’t be just able to play the current free to play areas.