Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vintage Mounts & Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2014
Hello Wizards!

I have thought for a long time that some vintage mounts should be available for a limited time, or more often than they are, as a long time player I often reminisce about the mounts that were once available in the crown shop. Does anyone else feel this way?

-Tarlac Hexmender

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Honestly, as someone who has a mount that's no longer available (the Frontier Dragon, which was given away to players who had started playing before a certain date), I am not a fan of this idea. I can understand wanting the "rarer" mounts, and trust me, there are plenty of unavailable mounts out there I too would love. But part of the reason I love my Frontier Dragon is because it's special, so opening it up to anyone would take away from that, and instead of being "cool" and "exclusive," it just becomes your standard run of the mill mount that anyone can access. It's like the sheep pet - they're exclusive for a reason.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2014
I definitely agree with this idea. One way to achieve a sense of reciprocated appreciation between the game and the players is by making it inclusive to all its members. Whether a player may have joined 8 years ago or recently, they should not be left out from having access to certain in-game items that are no longer available. This of course doesn't mean giving out rare items for free. But, reintroducing certain mounts or crown shop items that no longer exist in the crowns shop would allow new players to experience what they missed out.