Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do these symbols mean?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
Hey all I'm just wondering what these symbols are right under the name of my pet. I can't post a screenshot in here but one is red and has two swords crossed and the other is yellow and looks like a sword with some fire in the background?

It says: [insert symbols here] ONLY.

Does it mean this pet PvP only? Would have been nice to know before I spent almost 90k gold hatching it...

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I think the symbols you're describing mean that the pet was originally a PVP / Pet Derby reward. You needed arena tickets to 'buy it,' and you could only earn arena tickets by doing PVP, Pet Derby, Tournaments, or the Daily Assignments.

Red circle with two swords crossed is PVP. "Yellow with sword and fire in the background" sounds like either the Commander or Warlord ranking, which means winning 800 or 900 times respectively. The only two pets I know of that are marked like this, are the Dark Crow and the Crimson Spectre. These pets came with 100% 'selfish' talents because they were intended for derby racing rather than questing or battling in PVP. Maybe you had to have the arena tickets and also have that high rank in order to buy them originally...?

Since I don't do pet derby or PVP, and I don't have either of those pets, I'm not sure if you're limited in how you use them. I thought the "PVP only" meant they were rewards that people earned by winning arena tickets to purchase them, but once you have the pet you can equip it and use it anywhere. At least, that's what I would hope.

If the pet you hatched has talents that are useful in battle, then hopefully that means you can use it wherever you want regardless of your own PVP ranking (or lack thereof). If not, then I'm sorry to say you have a very expensive housing decoration. Oof!

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven