Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 PVP in 2021

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2016
I am returning to wizard101 after a long hiatus due to lack of interest. To my surprise on my return almost everything I knew about the game has had a change weather it big or small. The most noticeable change was to the PVP meta as I have a legendary character of every school with a rank of warlord (900+). I was told from people that I talked with that Solar surge is a new PVP card that was to replace enchants and make it more fair. While I do believe solar surge is a good change for PVP I feel like it was implemented very poorly. 1st off the spell is veteran+ so it will likely greatly reduce the number of new wizards jumping into PVP. 2nd Side deck (treasure card) attacks and some utility cards such as rat illusionist for myth and fire beetle for fire are non PVP. I feel like this is a bit of an oversight as many level 60 PVP wizards/strategies relied on side deck hits. Not only that but you can only 5-6 solar surge in a deck at that level so offensive strategies from storm/fire/balance are no longer viable either. I am aware that many utility spells were added to the professor's list of spells however that just adds more pressure to the lack of side deck enchants. With this update to the PVP meta I feel as though you may as well have just made PVP level 100+ or even just got rid of it all together as I don't see myself ever playing it again and with that I will likely lose interest in the game much quicker. If there is anything I am wrong about in this message please let me know, as I said I had been away from the game a long time and some changes I am still learning about.