Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new critical UI for enemies

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2019
I know this isn't exactly "new" but I need something explained to me. So the UI says 20% chance to crit for each enemy, is that a 20% overall to crit or just 20% for each individual enemy. Like if I crit with a 20% on a Troll that cant block critical does that mean I start over my critical for the other enemy thats in the battle. Is the critical chance based on each individual enemy. Apparently people are complaining about not criticalling all the enemies at 30% chance to crit even if the enemies dont have the capacity to block.

It would clear up a lot of frustration and confusion if you clarified if the critical chance is based on each individual enemy or not.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2021
it is indeed for each enemy now, which defeats the entire purpose of the block stat even existing if you can just miss a critical on half the enemies anyways.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Yes enemies will be checked one by one. 30% chance means 3 in 10 chance for each monster. So you are likely gonna critical only 2 of the monsters that way.

Some enemies and bosses will have different critical rate you have. so it makes sense to make it work this way.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Alura GoldBlossom on May 25, 2021 wrote:
I know this isn't exactly "new" but I need something explained to me. So the UI says 20% chance to crit for each enemy, is that a 20% overall to crit or just 20% for each individual enemy. Like if I crit with a 20% on a Troll that cant block critical does that mean I start over my critical for the other enemy thats in the battle. Is the critical chance based on each individual enemy. Apparently people are complaining about not criticalling all the enemies at 30% chance to crit even if the enemies dont have the capacity to block.

It would clear up a lot of frustration and confusion if you clarified if the critical chance is based on each individual enemy or not.
It is based on each individual enemy, even if you are casting an AOE (which then makes it super confusing). You have a 20% chance to crit on the first enemy then another 20% chance to crit on the second one and so on. So the chance for you to critical on BOTH enemies is lower than 20%. Now, the 20% means you have a 20% chance to Critical the other 80% is that you have a chance to NOT critical. You then may notice on top of that that some enemies have a Block chance. This is the chance that You crit AND the enemy successfully BLOCKs your crit.

I personally also find it very annoying that enemies of the same type may or may not be critted on when using an AOE. I feel as if it's a detriment to the game, that being said, there are those that argue that you have to treat each one as a separate roll for other downstream calculations so whatever I guess. Not worth arguing. '

Hope that clarifies.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Roseylee1998 on May 25, 2021 wrote:
it is indeed for each enemy now, which defeats the entire purpose of the block stat even existing if you can just miss a critical on half the enemies anyways.
It doesn't defeat the purpose of the critical block system. Bosses still block all the time. Block was made for critical, If you don't critical, there's no reason to take block into account.

I think you are still use to the old system where i believe critical would hit everyone, I understand that this change might be confusing and it seems to be a bad thing,

But when it comes to the future of the game, This change was the right way to go about critical system.

We been using a strange system from the beginning, the old critical the way it was, it didn't really work very well from a gameplay point of view, You have to focus on building up your critical now. you can still critical all the enemies with a high critical number.

This new system just makes building higher critical, more rewarding, and less useless.