Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Login Captcha

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
There are many times I have finger fumbles or app interruptions while logging in. As a result, I am confronted by the Captcha. I have seen many kinds of captchas, but I am having remarkable trouble with the captcha for logging into the game. My eyesight is just fine for enjoying the game, but the captcha images are ridiculously small. Given that I play in quarter screen, there is no way to enlarge the images to see them better. I have to resort to a magnifying glass! Even then, I may not see the tiny part of whatever it was they were after. If I fail to see something they think is there, the images now start morphing. There have been times I have had to fight the thing for six rounds. I do have hearing loss and so using the jumble sound option is just as bad and, like this morning, it wasn't even an option.

I've found that the best choice is to give up, click out of the whole thing, loose play time and let it forget that I ever tried. The point of a captcha is to prove that I'm not a robot, but my human condition is keeping me from solving their puzzle.

Could we please change this annoying challenge somewhere in the future? Please?

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Yes, I also have sometimes had trouble identifying some small bit of a traffic light in a photo that is about 1/4 inch square. 6 times? I've had the system keep feeding me images to identify for about 15 minutes at which point I gave up in frustration because apparently I wasn't ever going to see every tiny pixel needed on the tiny photo. Fortunately it reset the next day or something.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have been getting the Captcha a lot as well. I don't log in here every day and when I do on any of my accounts, I am hit with "Login Captcha". It is starting to get a bit annoying. I have had my accounts since February 2009 and having to deal with this is ridiculous. This is the only site I have to deal with it on.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Fandango739 on Apr 17, 2021 wrote:
There are many times I have finger fumbles or app interruptions while logging in. As a result, I am confronted by the Captcha. I have seen many kinds of captchas, but I am having remarkable trouble with the captcha for logging into the game. My eyesight is just fine for enjoying the game, but the captcha images are ridiculously small. Given that I play in quarter screen, there is no way to enlarge the images to see them better. I have to resort to a magnifying glass! Even then, I may not see the tiny part of whatever it was they were after. If I fail to see something they think is there, the images now start morphing. There have been times I have had to fight the thing for six rounds. I do have hearing loss and so using the jumble sound option is just as bad and, like this morning, it wasn't even an option.

I've found that the best choice is to give up, click out of the whole thing, loose play time and let it forget that I ever tried. The point of a captcha is to prove that I'm not a robot, but my human condition is keeping me from solving their puzzle.

Could we please change this annoying challenge somewhere in the future? Please?
You talking about the captcha to log into the game? I agree. I sometimes get locked out of my account because... small children... and I have trouble with the captcha as well. It's very particular about getting EVERYTHING right, even if that single car is in a very obscure part of the image! And my eyesight is perfectly fine!

Not that it's bad at keeping out robots or AI, but its too much for some of our human inabilities to handle.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2018
i agree, i have spent too much time trying to get the captcha to go. i have found that if you login to the wizards101 website, the captcha images are larger and much easier to view. once you pass, you can go back and login to the game.

it might feel like an extra step, but it is much quicker.