Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help the gold economy by giving us more to do with snacks

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Let's face it, whether you pet train or not, you probably have thousands of "wasted" snacks just hanging out. They're taking up room in all your wizards' backpacks and your shared bank. At the time of this writing, I have 35 pages of snacks in my shared bank. That's a total of 280 different snacks, of which I MAYBE need 10 different snacks for pet training when I do that. So, what do I do with them? I can sell them for gold, sure, but all my wizards have more gold than they need. When I start a new wizard, I hit the bank share and grab a load of snacks and max them out early. This way I can buy gear, a mount, etc that I know I need. So, now what? destroy them? Nope, that would take "forever". I have all the pets I need, otherwise I would use my mega snacks for that.

So, what do we do with all these snacks? Nothing, because there's nothing we can do with them. I have suggested before a few ideas, and while I don't expect KI to jump at my ideas, and implement them, I expect them to do ....................... SOMETHING with this mechanic of the game. The following suggestions have been made:

1) use them as bait while fishing for more luck
2) cooking/crafting recipes
3) using them for mulch for our gardens as a like

While I HATE the idea of cooking, it's better than hanging on to hundreds of thousands of pet snacks. I want to hear what other ideas people have for this wasted resource.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'm not sure about "cooking." Heaven forbid KI take that the wrong way and make pet snacks be an ingredient for crafting.

On the other hand, your ideas for fish bait and garden mulch - an extra 'like' that makes either activity more successful - are interesting.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Freshta on Apr 20, 2021 wrote:
I'm not sure about "cooking." Heaven forbid KI take that the wrong way and make pet snacks be an ingredient for crafting.

On the other hand, your ideas for fish bait and garden mulch - an extra 'like' that makes either activity more successful - are interesting.

Alia Misthaven
Well, if the ingredients were only pet snacks, it would be easier. But also, I suggested previous to allow us to grind them into cookie crumbs 9or whatever you want to call them) and then take X crumbs and transmute them into a new snack. This way, there is only 1 reagent needed. Once they have a good mechanic for pet snacks, they could also take our fish and cook them and turn them into pet snacks by size, rarity, etc

Thank you for the feedback overall.