Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please let us chat players in beastmoon

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
It's great that we can group up and form beastmoon teams, but it's frustratingly hard to do this when all our beastmoon friends are in matches and we cannot chat them to ask about teaming. This is causing a lot of frustrating and needless waiting around. So a lot of players are not actually able to play with their friends even though we have this capability in theory. I didn't see any problem or hear any complaints back when we were able to talk to friends in beastmoon so I'm not sure what problem was fixed by this change. Please restore the beastmoon chat. Thanks.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Sword Tree! I thought KI removed chat outside of beastmoon because of the confusion it can cause. You are in a BM battle and you have a few seconds to chat your friend, then you send the message to your BM team by accident, akward!! Or you were talking to your friend in chat while in a BM match and you need help on a circle so you call for help to your team in BM chat but instead it goes to your friend out in the spiral. Your friend is now confused and your team didn't hear your call for help. Now you have to retype it. Too late, you are dead. I know this happened to me many times before they changed it, (not the dying part but the confusion lol). I know it takes an extra few seconds to make sure you are sending to your friend chat and not your BM team but sometimes that extra second is too long!

I feel like the change was good and you should be restricted to BM chat only while in a match. Timing is so crucial, sometimes it is all you can do to type out "I need pips" to your team when they are asking why you are not joining??? I do understand your point of view. I am curious to hear what others may say.

BM Believer

Developer
I totally agree! I have a post in Holston's Lab asking for feedback on what Quick Chat things we would like to see to help communicate better in the Beastmoon Hunt and Mayhem events. Expect to see changes coming and please reply to that post if you have specific things you would like to see there.

RandomsWorld - Christo IronBlade

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Nordic Champion, I don't understand how blocking outside chatters from beastmoon fixes the problem you mentioned. When my beastmoon match starts, my chats will still be misdirected to the last friend I chatted, whether or not anyone can chat me while I am in beastmoon, so it solves nothing. All it's done is create a barrier between friends and cause a lot of wasted time and frustration for friends who would like to play together. Also, when you join with a group, you still can misdirect team messages into the group chat. That's actually a bigger problem, because you don't even see the name of the person which shows that your chat isn't going to the team as intended.

@RandomsWorld, I think you misunderstood my post. I'm talking about the beastmoon chat block that prevents players outside of beastmoon from communicating with players who are in beastmoon. I'm not talking about menu chat options.

It's nice that KI is trying to improve player communication and group formation for questing and farming, but some of us have other communication needs. Grouping is much needed in beastmoon and simply removing the chat block would help a lot.

Maybe KI could allow us an option to turn beastmoon chat on for players who are comfortable using the chat system and would like friends outside to be able to chat them to form teams?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
sword tree on Apr 17, 2021 wrote:
Nordic Champion, I don't understand how blocking outside chatters from beastmoon fixes the problem you mentioned. When my beastmoon match starts, my chats will still be misdirected to the last friend I chatted, whether or not anyone can chat me while I am in beastmoon, so it solves nothing. All it's done is create a barrier between friends and cause a lot of wasted time and frustration for friends who would like to play together. Also, when you join with a group, you still can misdirect team messages into the group chat. That's actually a bigger problem, because you don't even see the name of the person which shows that your chat isn't going to the team as intended.

@RandomsWorld, I think you misunderstood my post. I'm talking about the beastmoon chat block that prevents players outside of beastmoon from communicating with players who are in beastmoon. I'm not talking about menu chat options.

It's nice that KI is trying to improve player communication and group formation for questing and farming, but some of us have other communication needs. Grouping is much needed in beastmoon and simply removing the chat block would help a lot.

Maybe KI could allow us an option to turn beastmoon chat on for players who are comfortable using the chat system and would like friends outside to be able to chat them to form teams?
"Maybe KI could allow us an option to turn beastmoon chat on for players who are comfortable using the chat system and would like friends outside to be able to chat them to form teams?"

Not a bad idea.

Please check out the tip I submitted for the February KI Live show to see a way to communicate with someone inside Beastmoon. I'll provide a link here: www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/your-questions-and-tips-for-february-2021-ki-live-8ad6a42477905d490177b75c8960041b/8ad6a42777905d490177cf506dac684f?fromSearchResult=true#getPostLikeHistory_8ad6a42b77905d490177ba039c38121c

Basically, what some of us have been doing is using Chat Channel. I might be resubmitting this tip once the April KI Live gets announced here.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I would love to be able to chat to people while they are in Beastmoon. I also share this issue of not being able to speak with anyone while they are in matches so it makes it hard to join up with friends.

I will have to try the Player Chat Channel. The issue is that I have a hard time getting anyone to do that (most people are what the heck is this thing?) Does it prompt them while in the match?

I feel like how it works with Groups and Friend Chat makes sense. Just maybe an "outside" section Or at the very least the Player Chat Channel Idea just needs to be able to work and more people need to be able to understand it.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
exp613 on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
I would love to be able to chat to people while they are in Beastmoon. I also share this issue of not being able to speak with anyone while they are in matches so it makes it hard to join up with friends.

I will have to try the Player Chat Channel. The issue is that I have a hard time getting anyone to do that (most people are what the heck is this thing?) Does it prompt them while in the match?

I feel like how it works with Groups and Friend Chat makes sense. Just maybe an "outside" section Or at the very least the Player Chat Channel Idea just needs to be able to work and more people need to be able to understand it.
Hi, click the link, it's a little more detailed there.

Basically, I send the Chat Channel request to a very well known Beastmooner and she always leaves me a message.
She tells me if she is in a full group or if her group has room for more. She also gives me an ETA on how far along she is. And since I do this on my noob (too low to do Events), she says what realm to meet in.

We just need to get everyone on board to do the same... unless chat is restored.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I've only ever met one person in this game who uses chat channels. I don't even know how many chat channels I can be in at once, since in years of play, I only ever used that feature twice. So I have to invite everyone to a chat channel before I can chat them, that is really clunky. Why not skip the invite and just chat them? What happens when I switch wizards to see which added friends are playing on that one? Now my chat channel is gone and I have to pester 10 new people to join a chat channel just so I can ask them their plans. Having a window pop up in your face when you are trying to play beastmoon would be far more distracting and intrusive than simply getting a chat. And talk about misdirected messages. KI needs to just turn chat back on and not point to chat channels as the solution..