Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase Level Cap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2013
when are we going to get an increase level cap for wizard 101? i maxed out way before finishing empyrea without ever using exp potions

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
AlphaMewMew on Jan 28, 2021 wrote:
when are we going to get an increase level cap for wizard 101? i maxed out way before finishing empyrea without ever using exp potions
They just increased it by 10 levels with the Karamelle update in December, my dude

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I wish they would increase the cap by 20 levels just once. There's a lot of players who stop once they hit the cap because they feel they're "loosing XP" by continuing on. It's not true, but they feel that way, and that's fine; it's their playing style. A bump once in a while of 20 levels instead of 10 would be good.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
There should be a mechanic to overlevel so your xp isn't wasted. So maybe you get something the more xp you get which can then be used towards certain high level items.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
We just got a level cap increase. I'm sure as they increase the number of worlds they will continually increase the level cap.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
stevp on Feb 1, 2021 wrote:
There should be a mechanic to overlevel so your xp isn't wasted. So maybe you get something the more xp you get which can then be used towards certain high level items.
over levelling would cause a continuing problem the further along we go. The moment the new world came out, you'd be maxed again. I think the answer, realistically, is to grant less experience per quest, and after you finish the final fight and do all the talking and turning it in, it maxes your XP to the current cap. This way, nothing is wasted.

Defender
May 11, 2013
dayerider on Feb 19, 2021 wrote:
over levelling would cause a continuing problem the further along we go. The moment the new world came out, you'd be maxed again. I think the answer, realistically, is to grant less experience per quest, and after you finish the final fight and do all the talking and turning it in, it maxes your XP to the current cap. This way, nothing is wasted.
No easy fix, Remove EXP from side quests and tune down the EXP from main quests to where you are inline with each world as you go. Then people can't complain they are over leveled because they "have to do everything or they will miss out on EXP"

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
RedDragon877 on Apr 16, 2021 wrote:
No easy fix, Remove EXP from side quests and tune down the EXP from main quests to where you are inline with each world as you go. Then people can't complain they are over leveled because they "have to do everything or they will miss out on EXP"
As far as I know, Side quests havent given XP in a couple of worlds now. Was it since Khrysalis? Polaris? This is why I'm saying scale back on XP, and then make the final boss fight max you out on XP. However, jumping the level cap one time, 20 levels, would help bring many people forward without that feeling of missing XP. Personally, I never saw the problem. I have an ice who is level 88 in the beginning of Azteca. My theory (not knowing how much XP there is until the end of the game) is that likely the last 2 worlds for me and my quest buddy will be entirely free of XP....... and I could care less. I know others do, and I respect that, but I don't.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Personally I think that we should have just about enough XP per main questline to get to the new level cap. I don't like that you end each world a few levels high when you start on a new wizard and I definitely don't like that Karamelle didn't have enough XP in the full main quest to get a level 130 to 140.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Robobot1747 on Apr 17, 2021 wrote:
Personally I think that we should have just about enough XP per main questline to get to the new level cap. I don't like that you end each world a few levels high when you start on a new wizard and I definitely don't like that Karamelle didn't have enough XP in the full main quest to get a level 130 to 140.
It did, though. My level 130 ice quested straight through karamelle and was 140 *just* before the final boss.