Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Furniture Preview Issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2010
As a wizard who cares a lot about housing and decoration, something has caused me a fair share of grief (and gold) for quite some time...

The preview that appears next to an item when you click on it (could be in the bazaar, a random merchant, or the crown shop), is sometimes insufficient in the perspective/angle of furniture items.

The item preview does rotate, yes, but only horizontally, when a vertical or top-down perspective could be beneficial. This is most problematic (in my experience) for tables. I can see the legs of the table and the edge/rim of the tabletop, but that's not what's important--when I place the table down in my house, what really matters is the top/surface of the tabletop. (To me, it would be nearly equivalent as seeing a side-view of a rug. Who cares, right? So when I'm considering buying the Mosaic Table, for example, it would certainly be great if I could actually see the mosaic on the tabletop. Instead I had to buy it, then realize I didn't like it, then resell it for less gold. Rinse, repeat.)

I think this issue could be fixed by creating a slight angle, or perhaps by creating another axis of rotation if we place our cursors over the item and scroll up or down vertically. It's notable that one or two tables I've seen actually had a slight angle in the preview, allowing prospective buyers to see the tabletop. And again, tables are just the most common issue, but it certainly is not limited to this furniture item!

Has anyone else had issues with furniture previews?