Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New side school (Un-balance)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
The reason I thought of this is because the current school I am playing on is a balance. Balance has the weakest blade and when playing I have noticed that one weakness placed on a balance completely cancels out their blade. So I thought it would be a good idea for balance to at least have a 30% damage increase and a convert. There is one problem though. What is the opposite of balance? The answer is unbalance. Every school within the spiral balances each other and at the very center is balance itself. Everything outside the spiral is unbalanced. Things that don’t exactly make sense within the spiral. For ex: balance wizards have some balance spells that do other school damage. They either do the spirit schools or the elemental schools. Unbalance would be random schools that don’t exactly make sense together. In the beginning of the game it is said that mastering balance will obtain you great power. I believe obtaining that grain power is by also mastering the art of unbalance a more forbidden and dangerous altered native to the balance school. This would be a sort of side school, but at the same time I believe there should be a spell quest down the road for balance users to finally obtain this power. This idea helps bring the balance convert into existence and instead of doing extra damage it would just cancel out the resistance of any balance enemy by a certain percentage or as a whole. This new unbalance idea could take part in a new area of a world like mirage a world where not everything exactly makes sense just like the school that doesn’t make sense itself. This wouldn’t make the balance school overpowered it would honestly just bring in more users to the balance school itself who want to give it a try. Upping the blade percentage would make the weakness a weakness and not a complete cripple on the balance blade. You can keep it universal but in all honesty I think it’s time we at least made the balance blade itself non universal at the very least. This would also please other players who think it’s an advantage and at the same time please balance wizards. A cool spell for balance wizards down the road when they get the spell quest for their first unbalance spell could be ; a crocodile appearing up through the water in the Nile and hitting the target then the sun hitting a pyramid cause a beam of light to hit the target. This would fit the theme of balance and the best part is it still doesn’t exactly make sense which fits the school. If you also made it a side school a cool spell would be a steal spell of a random blade or trap that way it’s not guaranteed or over powered plus once it’s just over all a new gameplay mechanic. Please take this idea into consideration I know this would change a lot but overall I honestly believe the community would be happy with this change.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
A better idea that has been mentioned before is to introduce balance spell boosting blades to use in addition to universal blades. All the schools have blades that boost that spells for that specific school... except balance. Blades from balance are universal (not counting the tri-blades that are part of the balance school).

If someone who is storm loads up on a few storm blades but then gets a universal weakness on them, a simple non-storm attack spell and the only blades they lose are universal ones. Balance doesn't have that luxury because no matter what school spell is used, the any and all (unique) balance based blade spells wind up getting used. (Balance blade, blade storm, dragon blade, regular, sharpened, TC, item card, etc.)

So blades that are only useful for balance based spells would be a great thing, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
To fix balance I would add one of these:

1. Prism
Literally called "Prism" this would divert to any school, which you chose when placing it.

2. Balanceblade/Dragonblade
Balanceblade should be changed to only boost balance, still 25%. Dragonblade is universal 25%. These would stack

3. Unbalancedblade
Chose different types of blades. This would not stack with another as it is still the same blade. But, it would stack with balance blade
Balance: 30%
Storm: 30%
Myth 35%
Fire: 30%
Life: 35%

Death: 35%
Ice: 35%

4. Prism Blade
Switches the type of hit to whatever. Adds 5% when changing to storm. If used as balance, 15% balanceblade. Cannot change twice. Trap prisms would stack. (Balance -> Fire -> Ice)