Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Self Damage from Death Spells ...Again

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 16, 2014
I know I didn't write the first post but spells like dark pact and sacrifice doing death damage is really annoying.

1. Blades

It takes up any blade you have making it annoying to use these spells (I don't)

2. The New Critical system

With the new Critical system, sacrifice is USELESS to a death, it is ridiculously close to doing more damage than healing, I (137 Death) get about 100 Health back.

3. My Suggestions

Change the Damage to Balance or Moon (Like Insane Bolt) This would get rid of the problems with blades and the critical system.
Or, make it so you can't critical when dealing damage to yourself when using sacrifice ( I critical the heal so I take more damage) I believe you can't critical on Bad Juju or Dark Pact, but I don't use those that much

-Zachary SpiritLeaf

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
My Death's in Zafaria right now and what I've noticed is with Sacrifice is I get way more healing from an enhanced Scarecrow than a Sacrifice. I still keep Sacrifice in my death's deck as a failsafe for her but once you get to a certain level as a death, its far better just to use spells that will hit and heal like Scarecrow than to depend on Sacrifice. But you can crit heal, that being said; and Tower Shield and Death Shield (when you can keep them both up, enemy dependent) do reduce the damage considerably to your person. But now that my Death crits left and right, I hardly use Sacrifice, going to be honest.

As far as Dark Pact goes, using it for me is situational.

Part of being a Death is give and take - you have to pay a price for having such powerful spells, in my opinion - and you have to kind of strategize what you use and when. Now, I'd obviously be in favor of crit healing at the same time you're crit hitting, but that's a selfish wish on my part, as it would help my death out a lot, LOL.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DemonHunter157 on Jan 6, 2021 wrote:
I know I didn't write the first post but spells like dark pact and sacrifice doing death damage is really annoying.

1. Blades

It takes up any blade you have making it annoying to use these spells (I don't)

2. The New Critical system

With the new Critical system, sacrifice is USELESS to a death, it is ridiculously close to doing more damage than healing, I (137 Death) get about 100 Health back.

3. My Suggestions

Change the Damage to Balance or Moon (Like Insane Bolt) This would get rid of the problems with blades and the critical system.
Or, make it so you can't critical when dealing damage to yourself when using sacrifice ( I critical the heal so I take more damage) I believe you can't critical on Bad Juju or Dark Pact, but I don't use those that much

-Zachary SpiritLeaf
Sacrifice is a poor choice of spell to use to heal for these reasons. Use Fairy or Sprite instead. That said, I don't use a death spell if it doesn't heal me back. To me, that's just wasting healing. By all means, play your way. I'm just letting you know how I do things.

The ONLY time I use bad juju is for the 1 in a million badge and nothing else. There are soo many other ways of buffing yourself for 0 pips and 0 damage.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
I do want to note its not like I use these I recently did Storm Titan where I bad juju spammed I could only get 4 of 5 off before I died. I tried to use sacrifice because I didn't have enough for scarecrow, if I saved pips I would have died so either way I died.

To be fair it is understandable but I would use dark pact way more if it didn't waste my blades.