Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tough banned when not specifically mentioned?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
KI,

I fail to see the reason why you banned the Tough enchant. I personally believe it would not be as much of an issue as to compared to other enchants considering tough’s rarity already. I feel as though we need a deeper reason as to why that enchant was not MENTIONED on the Dev Diary about this enchant and why it was flagged with NO PVP while it was not mentioned. And for those other wizards who wish to comment on this subject, I would rather hear from KI on the subject.

Instead of focusing on the negative there are several solutions of allowing tough into PVP and allowing some PVE use for both max and below wizards. I have listed a few below.

1. Restructure Tough
Tough could be made into a spell like Solar Surge. For example, +10 per spell rank, leading up to 100 damage on rank 10 spells. This alone is by far not overpowered and allows balance of spells.
2. Sell the enchant at Wethersfield.
This would allow everyone, including new players to have immediate access to the tough enchant. At a fair base price of 255 per enchant, this would allow players to have access to the spell at a reasonable price.

3. Increase its rarity.
This is a VERY simple solution, but most likely hard to lower the chances to get it for you. At least instead of the Eye of Bartleby pack, allow it to drop from all Wizard City creatures, just like some of the creatures in other worlds drop them.

4. Allow it for lower than 50.
This will allow players not an overpowered enchant, one that is fairly weak but offers very good usage for PVP and provides a spell that has VALUE.

If you plan to make this spell available at Diego:
5. Set the rank to Sergeant, level 30.
This is my current ranking in PVP and Level on my fire. I can speak on behalf of magus that this encourages new players to rank up and level up.

If you actually plan on restructuring tough after reading this, I suggest you rename tough to “Solar Strike,” and make it a Sun Spell.

Oh and KI, please answer the above question why in particular its banned besides the Dev Diary. And if you forgot it wasn’t mentioned, I have a link towards the Diary for you.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/dev-diary/karamelle-pvp-update?fbclid=IwAR2umjArOfSfZdK10BgeBnFUkw-S7V3e13dKLg3s26--FH5yIiEHiPTj1A4

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Epic Mrman67 on Dec 24, 2020 wrote:
KI,

I fail to see the reason why you banned the Tough enchant. I personally believe it would not be as much of an issue as to compared to other enchants considering tough’s rarity already. I feel as though we need a deeper reason as to why that enchant was not MENTIONED on the Dev Diary about this enchant and why it was flagged with NO PVP while it was not mentioned. And for those other wizards who wish to comment on this subject, I would rather hear from KI on the subject.

Instead of focusing on the negative there are several solutions of allowing tough into PVP and allowing some PVE use for both max and below wizards. I have listed a few below.

1. Restructure Tough
Tough could be made into a spell like Solar Surge. For example, +10 per spell rank, leading up to 100 damage on rank 10 spells. This alone is by far not overpowered and allows balance of spells.
2. Sell the enchant at Wethersfield.
This would allow everyone, including new players to have immediate access to the tough enchant. At a fair base price of 255 per enchant, this would allow players to have access to the spell at a reasonable price.

3. Increase its rarity.
This is a VERY simple solution, but most likely hard to lower the chances to get it for you. At least instead of the Eye of Bartleby pack, allow it to drop from all Wizard City creatures, just like some of the creatures in other worlds drop them.

4. Allow it for lower than 50.
This will allow players not an overpowered enchant, one that is fairly weak but offers very good usage for PVP and provides a spell that has VALUE.

If you plan to make this spell available at Diego:
5. Set the rank to Sergeant, level 30.
This is my current ranking in PVP and Level on my fire. I can speak on behalf of magus that this encourages new players to rank up and level up.

If you actually plan on restructuring tough after reading this, I suggest you rename tough to “Solar Strike,” and make it a Sun Spell.

Oh and KI, please answer the above question why in particular its banned besides the Dev Diary. And if you forgot it wasn’t mentioned, I have a link towards the Diary for you.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/dev-diary/karamelle-pvp-update?fbclid=IwAR2umjArOfSfZdK10BgeBnFUkw-S7V3e13dKLg3s26--FH5yIiEHiPTj1A4
even though tough-enchanted spells have the hitting capability of pool noodles, the reason why they were banned is because the designers wanted to nerf the sideboard and its capability to pull hits whenever you needed them. no one complained about it but they're gone anyway because muh 5th age