Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical on AOE attacks in PVE seems to be broken.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2015
Hello, today while solo questing I've noticed that any time I critical an attack-all-enemy attack against two enemies, the critical damage only applies to one enemy. Effectively, one enemy receives double damage, and the other normal damage. This occurs every time I critical an AOE spell. There is no indication that one enemy has critical-blocked either. The hit goes through and does normal damage. I have double checked on my higher level wizard who can land critical hits more consistently, and the same is true for that wizard as well.

If this is a bug, I hope to see it fixed soon.

Regards.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
flameheadthrower on Dec 22, 2020 wrote:
Hello, today while solo questing I've noticed that any time I critical an attack-all-enemy attack against two enemies, the critical damage only applies to one enemy. Effectively, one enemy receives double damage, and the other normal damage. This occurs every time I critical an AOE spell. There is no indication that one enemy has critical-blocked either. The hit goes through and does normal damage. I have double checked on my higher level wizard who can land critical hits more consistently, and the same is true for that wizard as well.

If this is a bug, I hope to see it fixed soon.

Regards.
I noticed the same thing when using an AoE a couple of nights ago. It did crit on the first foe but none of the other 3.

I was not able to report it because my game froze and I lost internet service and just got it back about an hour ago.

I also hope it is fixed soon.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I too can attest to this bug, though it doesn't occur everytime I land a critical though.

It is even prevalent in World of Arc I [Krokotopia, Mooshu etc.] where enemies are unable to even block.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I have been experiencing this issue as well. I was wondering what exactly was going on, but this fits the description of my issues.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
These sorts of "bugs" are why we need feedback mechanisms. Before when a minion or boss blocked a critical, we knew because the words "Blocked" appeared over the character blocking. This was an important feedback mechanism to the player. Now that Kingsisle has removed this, we don't have that in place anymore. It should not have been removed - especially after they modified the critical hit system.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Crit may have moved from being a "blade" to being a "trap."

But none of these seem to mention a new interaction with AOE spells.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2015
CUTEHORSEY on Dec 25, 2020 wrote:
These sorts of "bugs" are why we need feedback mechanisms. Before when a minion or boss blocked a critical, we knew because the words "Blocked" appeared over the character blocking. This was an important feedback mechanism to the player. Now that Kingsisle has removed this, we don't have that in place anymore. It should not have been removed - especially after they modified the critical hit system.
Wow I had no idea they removed the critical block animation. Why did they do this? Makes no sense if you ask me.