Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New 2020 Winter Scroll of Fortune Final Reward?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
So here we are, year 2 of SoF and I have some harsh criticism(but also hopefully helpful suggestions) about the tele effect again because I'm passionate about the game's visuals and keep being disappointed by the Winter Scroll final reward and know the dev team can make better assets. Last year's Winter teleport effect was an absolute disappointment that was a low effort supposedly ice crystals but more like rocks doing a brutish chunk explosion that was anything but Winter related and absent of anything magical and didn't even rise to any concept of ice in any way. See my post last year on about my issues with it and what my suggestion was(scroll towards the bottom - by GJheart101 "Winter Teleport Effect(final scroll reward")
www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/scroll-of-fortune-8ad6a4246bff0f3f016c0bdec7764011?page=2

This year's tele effect is 50% better but still very disappointing overall. I LOVE the effect aspect of the bursting snowflakes and magical sparkles but HATE the clumsy boorish plop of a snowman. While I know there will be some that enjoy a massive whimsically plopping snowman, it's just another iteration of a bulky heavy looking & feeling obtrusive teleport. It's awful and I don't like it and ruins the beauty of a teleport effect such as the one done for this past Fall which was a PERFECT example of a clean and magical and beautiful premium quality teleport.

It's the kind of thing that makes me opt out of purchasing a SoF for past seasons and want to pass on this one again because the tele effect is a major deciding factor on whether I invest in the SoF aspect of monetization or not. Like I stated briefly above, this recent Fall & Spring tele effects were stunning and exactly the stylization type of effect I'd like to see continued in seasonal variations for tele effects. I didn't like Summer's for the same reason as this and last Winter's tele effects, the sandcastle and this snowman are just too clunky, huge, heavy, weighing down the effect.

I think what would have made this year's Winter tele effect absolutely amazing and premium would have been to do a spectacular swirling wraparound snow flurry that includes the existing magical snowflakes & sparkles that we already see in this year's effect. Think specifically the scene in Frozen when Elsa first created Olaf(please take my money if you had made it like that):imgur.com/gallery/ND6rG
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C0vgC3_pCo

Also, OUTSTANDING job on the Snowfall Relic, it's gorgeous and just exactly what I expect to see form the team for these kinds of rewards on these kinds of assets in the SoF and fits in the Wiz101 world perfectly.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Also dev team, what happened with the tier 9 "Winter Scroll Of Fortune Painting" in this year's Winder Scroll? It looks like a Summer painting? Unless we're going with an accurate depiction of a climate crisis warm Winter painting ...then carry on.